Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marty an Moog please come home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty an Moog please come home

Marty/Moog please come home and visit us on the forums we miss you,the troops moral is getting very low and we need a boost!I feel like a cat that was put out on the corner and left,your precense would be greatly appreciated and welcomed,signed your friends from the mcm forum's

They both have a life, jobs and kids (I think) besides MCM. Marty is on here sometimes, haven't seen Moog in years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
      They both have a life, jobs and kids (I think) besides MCM. Marty is on here sometimes, haven't seen Moog in years.
      Yeah I think they've stated that a few times as well (MCM as a weekend hobby thing which I still find is amazing).
      But it does seem a little quiet but that could be me not used to this kinda platform or that these things are giving way to social media more and more.

As a side note I feel it is also easy to forget the fact since (after having re-watched a few earlier seasons) the only indicator I can tell on screen that (other than their abilities and quality of work going up) time has passed is Moogs' beard is more grey than before. But that could just be me

Comment

The forum has been offline for a month or so a few years ago because the hosting company screwed up and deleted the forum and all it's backups. They had to restore a backup they still had somewhere but that was from 2013. So all content over the 4 years after that was lost. The forum never fully recovered after that.

Comment

Ah that sucks really bad. Especially when its totally from an outside source.
          Actually do they still make mention of the forum in videos or just social media. Now I need to check.
          At least its still sorta going then. I've tried to build communities before and well never really got anywhere.

Comment

It used to be really active with lots of seriously awesome builds in the build threads. I was a member since 2015 when the forum got killed and then returned with a 2013 backup.

Comment

Yeah I gathered that from a lot of the older vids I've been rewatching.
              Best example I can think of is when Marty and Moog had the battle involving the Silvia.

Comment

It used to be really active with lots of seriously awesome builds in the build threads. I was a member since 2015 when the forum got killed and then returned with a 2013 backup.
                Really? I was sure you were on this forum already when I joined, but it seems I was wrong.
                My favorite builds back then was that 7(?)sec skyline drag build and that challenger + aussie muscle car build.
                And have you heard anything from Rob? Where did he disappear?
                1990 Chevrolet Chevy van G20

1984 Ratty Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

I think the cut-off was about September 2013

Rake signs in every now and then too, not seen a post from him in a while though.
                  I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Originally posted by SBC View Post

Really? I was sure you were on this forum already when I joined, but it seems I was wrong.
                    My favorite builds back then was that 7(?)sec skyline drag build and that challenger + aussie muscle car build.
                    And have you heard anything from Rob? Where did he disappear?
                    Well I'm not sure really when I joined. I did have a different username on the old forum though, Cpt.Iglo I think.

Haven't heard from Robert in a while, he's not been active in the moderator chat either.

Comment

Well I'm not sure really when I joined. I did have a different username on the old forum though, Cpt.Iglo I think.

Haven't heard from Robert in a while, he's not been active in the moderator chat either.
                      Sorry, I meant that French guy, with suzuki and lexus.
                      1990 Chevrolet Chevy van G20

1984 Ratty Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

yeah, dont really see anyone except marty make an appearance every now and then, turbo yoda or the rest of the crew dont really come here anymore, social media had just made everything more convenient for people id say

Comment

I'm back in was almost killed in a car crash last Saturday,I was hit while stopped trying to turn an she impacted me doing 65mph I had to spend a few days in the hospital,and the car is completely destroyed but I'm alive and I'm thankful for that

Comment

I think forums in general are dying because of social media. But I miss being able to anonymously have banter on a forum. I don't like having my family, personal, work, and hobbies and interests all in one place under my real name.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoutPower View Post
                              I think forums in general are dying because of social media. But I miss being able to anonymously have banter on a forum. I don't like having my family, personal, work, and hobbies and interests all in one place under my real name.
                              That's a given, low usage here but it's been fairly steady.

I've been a part of a forum that's on a slippery slop before and it was much worse than what was on here.

Plus information you disclose on a forum, you actually own it
                              I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Working...
                              X