Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Redbook accurate for Kerb Weight Information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibbos garage
    replied
    Originally posted by LiamLiam View Post

i wanna do a k swap in future... and i rekon the quicker the car is the bigger the smile on my face haha

and also if the car is alot lighter, i probably can overtake driving slow on a cold engine lol

when you say shit, do you mean you dont like the look of it, or because its really old?
    I'm sorry, you going to do what now?

your right in that weight does affect how fast a car is but your only partly right. What you really want to know is the power to weight ratio to determine at a basic level just how fast its going to be.
    Example: the double unicorn makes over 100 hp more than supergramps on scottys dyno yet they ran nearly exactly the same 1/4 mile times the first time they went head to head and supergramps gets out of the gate faster. it does this because its power to weight ratio is slightly better than the stagea. the stagea catches up in the top end because of twin turbo v8 long gearbox ratio goodness. but for that fast car feeling, up to 80-100kmh, it all comes down to the power to weight, not so much the weight or power by themselves.
    You can also make a heavy car faster for free by lightening it up and increasing the power to weight ratio whereas you might have to spend some coin to make an already light car faster to match it.

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    Originally posted by SBC View Post

Relative concept.
    hahahah yes indeed, well compared to a B16 then!

Leave a comment:

• SBC
    replied
    Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
    I meant purely from a handling perspective, I like the look for the CRX when they're done right. Most Japanese car manufacturers don't go backwards when they make new models, that's why they're so good.

My friend has a K20 swapped yellow EK9 and it's a missile!
    Relative concept.

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    I meant purely from a handling perspective, I like the look for the CRX when they're done right. Most Japanese car manufacturers don't go backwards when they make new models, that's why they're so good.

My friend has a K20 swapped yellow EK9 and it's a missile!

Leave a comment:

• LiamLiam
    replied

Well you should know that a CRX is sh*t compared to en EK of course that's just my personal opinion.

Unless you're racing and need to be under a certain weight, the benefit is going to be pretty much of no use to you for the road
    haha, sometimes crx look good sometimes it doesnt

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

^^ no good

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

^^ good

i wanna do a k swap in future... and i rekon the quicker the car is the bigger the smile on my face haha

and also if the car is alot lighter, i probably can overtake driving slow on a cold engine lol

when you say shit, do you mean you dont like the look of it, or because its really old?
    Last edited by LiamLiam; 26-05-2019, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    Originally posted by LiamLiam View Post

oh right thanks

yes weight is a deciding factor
    Well you should know that a CRX is sh*t compared to en EK of course that's just my personal opinion.

Unless you're racing and need to be under a certain weight, the benefit is going to be pretty much of no use to you for the road

Leave a comment:

• LiamLiam
    replied
    In short, no.

The only way you can get a truly accurate measurement is to weigh the vehicle. There are far too many variants of spec of each type which affects the weight.

Those figures are in the right ballpark though.

Is the weight critical? If it's a deciding factor for you buying a car, remember that most newer cars which are "heavier" tend to have much stiffer chassis.
    oh right thanks

yes weight is a deciding factor

Last edited by LiamLiam; 25-05-2019, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    In short, no.

The only way you can get a truly accurate measurement is to weigh the vehicle. There are far too many variants of spec of each type which affects the weight.

Those figures are in the right ballpark though.

Is the weight critical? If it's a deciding factor for you buying a car, remember that most newer cars which are "heavier" tend to have much stiffer chassis.

Leave a comment:

• LiamLiam
    started a topic Is Redbook accurate for Kerb Weight Information?

Is Redbook accurate for Kerb Weight Information?

Hi,

Just wondering if Redbook is an accurate for vehicle kerb weight information

It says a 1991 Crx Ed9 with sunroof is 880kg

and also a 1999 ek1 civic gli is 1037kg

Or if someone could advise the correct kerb weights , it would be great

Thanks
Working...
X