Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need an advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an advice

Hi guys, I'm a new member. I want to buy a car via https://incacar.com/used/cars/jeep/p...atriot-571789/ but I´m a bit worried about that, just if they are reliable. Is there someone who knows them, or bought a car from them? What do you think about that? Thanks for answers.

That ad really doesn't give you much relevant information at all unfortunately, you'd do well to get some questions together to ask the dealer when you give them a call to enquire about it.
    2016 year model so its only 3 years old. they were stopped building them in 2016 and any that were built after the official announcement were marketed as 2017 year models so you've got one of the last ones built.

You'd probably want to find out if it has the freedom drive 1 or 2 4wd system as their a little different but work basically the same just the FD 2 gives you a low range simulated transfer case.
    You also want to find out if its diesel or gasoline and whether you have the 2.0 or 2.4 litre gasoline or the 2.2 diesel.
    its got low miles, roughly about 8-9k per year so its likely been a daily driver, driven to work and trips and such things.
    Reliability is totally subjective to the vehicle itself and how its been looked after but you can assume that with such low miles, if its been serviced at the intervals and been basically maintained that it would probably be ok.
    Any engine and car can be reliable if their looked after, just like any engine and car no matter how well their designed and built can be destroyed in 40,000 miles if their not serviced or maintained and looked after, it totally comes down to the owner

Find out the transmission whether its the 5 speed manual or the 6 speed auto. the auto is a Hyundai box which is pretty good when they changed them from the CVT's.
    The safety's not terrible, overall their a 4 out of 5 star safety rating so that's pretty good for an American built car.
    Find out if its had the recall for the airbag fault.
    Their not great off-road due to the fact that their front wheel drive all the time and sometimes AWD when it calls for it so don't expect to do much more than driving on a beach or a fire trail.

Overall the car is similar to the nissan qashqai and the mazda CX3 which are more modern and not based on 2007 technology like the patriot.
    The fuel economy isn't fantastic for what they are which is a crossover SUV.
    It all depends on what you're going to do with the car. If your running around town, dropping the kids off, picking up groceries and things like that then it'd be fine.
    But if your looking for an off-road 4wd or a 4wd that you can go fast in, then its not suited to that purpose.

They do have lots of room inside and are very comfy which is to be expected of anything American plus they have the fat sausage steering wheel which feels really nice in your hands.
    Their not bad cars, their kind of middle of the road in that they don't excel in anything but they don't suck at anything either.
    But for their car type, there are much better options out there like the kia sportage, honda HR-V and the renault captur, plus the 2 mentioned above.
    It all at the end of the day comes down to you and what you like.

My recommendation? have a look and see what the vehicles main rivals are in its bracket and do some research on all of them.
    You're about to spend a good chunk on change on a car and you don't want to make an uninformed decision.
    Read some reviews, google a few of them, read up on what features each of them have and compare to the patriot to see if theres a better option out there.
    then finally take as many other different types of crossover SUV's for a test drive and get a good feel for them, really take your time to try everything inside and analyse each of them as much as you can before finally taking this one for a test drive last.
    That way you can compare properly the others against the patriot to see if there's anything that you notice being good or being not so great.
    its also a good bargaining tactic that if you take some other similar cars for a drive and make it so you don't sound so keen on it and you are thinking of going with something else, it will make the dealer try harder to sell the car to you which could make him throw in some free stuff like servicing or parts or give you a good discount on it to help sweeten the deal.

Comment

Working...
    X