Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 Years?

Just got done watching the unofficial official 13 Years video and must say its been quite a ride. Sadly I can remember that episode, but for some reason, I have forgotten about the neon cap rag wrap thing. Regardless of what Moog may say, he has grown in mechanical ability. Granted he is not rebuilding a diff like Marty did, but I think as mentioned in the video the genuine interest in what you were both doing, not to mention what it grew into is commendable. That's also the part that makes it what it is, as real and honest as you can get talking about something you really like. I think that makes anything like a Youtube channel as we have today worth watching as its not a watch me type presentation, its join us in our fun, we want you to come along. It could be about stringing guitars or selling real estate

Granted I am biased as I mainly watch MCM and spin offs as my main channels. But if I were to do a channel, it would be the formula of here is what I like, watch how to do it, and you can do it to, lets have fun. I think it would be hard to not copy what MCM has done over this time span. A tribute.

Was a nice wee episode

Think I started watching continuously since season 3? I only got my YT account in 2010. but I did watch the odd video prior to that, I got my first car in December 2009 so naturally was looking for videos about all the mods and DIY stuff you could do.

I agree, the thing is with MCM, Marty and Moog are doing what they want. If people want to watch, great, if not then that's fine. I like that it's still pretty much home made. Sure they've got sponsors but they're still doing all the legwork.
    I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

I have to agree with the statement about doing the legwork. I believe they know the business if you will by evolution if nothing else. I also cannot disagree about the if you want to watch great, if not thats ok to.. I am have been pretty much a stage in my life the past 15 years or so where I love to hear about what people are into and are doing. Sure in the past I may have been brand loyal, and am still in some cases, but I know that the car culture if you will is more than just what "you" like. I appreciate the Japanese Influence in Oz in regards to cars, and to hear it from two blokes who really enjoyed those cars and understand them, I am in hearing about them. Do I want a Kei Car? Well probably not, but I enjoy learning about them and other cars we never saw. My brother had a 77 Celica ST as his first car, and have never gotten that vehicle out of my mind, like wanting to find one kind of thing. I recon I am that way with Aussie cars right now. Fun to see who knows what a Falcon is, and what its not. The other unseen thing is the smile factor. When you can put a genuine smile on someones face by just pulling up in a car, its pretty powerful and a cool binder.

Comment

Originally posted by ken1939 View Post
        I have to agree with the statement about doing the legwork. I believe they know the business if you will by evolution if nothing else. I also cannot disagree about the if you want to watch great, if not thats ok to.. I am have been pretty much a stage in my life the past 15 years or so where I love to hear about what people are into and are doing. Sure in the past I may have been brand loyal, and am still in some cases, but I know that the car culture if you will is more than just what "you" like. I appreciate the Japanese Influence in Oz in regards to cars, and to hear it from two blokes who really enjoyed those cars and understand them, I am in hearing about them. Do I want a Kei Car? Well probably not, but I enjoy learning about them and other cars we never saw. My brother had a 77 Celica ST as his first car, and have never gotten that vehicle out of my mind, like wanting to find one kind of thing. I recon I am that way with Aussie cars right now. Fun to see who knows what a Falcon is, and what its not. The other unseen thing is the smile factor. When you can put a genuine smile on someones face by just pulling up in a car, its pretty powerful and a cool binder.
        ditto!

They've done lots of cars which I don't like. Golf(s), Focus etc but I still watch because it's interesting. Their banter is great as well

My Jimny is like that, EVERYONE looks when you drive past. Sounds like it's doing 100kmh when it's only doing 40.

I hope they can keep it up for a long time. It's funny suddenly seeing how many people have 4x4's and off roaders now posting as well.
        I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Working...
        X