Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbocharged 4-2 Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SixtyEight View Post
    I wouldnt be doing to try and blow the other 50cc 2 strokes off the road, I'd be doing it because it sounds like a fun little project
    this is exactly why I'm doing it, because Im so bored at home and it would be a pretty fun build. If anybody has a turbocharged pocket bike can they please take a photo of the engine!
    sigpic
    SIGPIC CREATED BY THE LEGENDARY TOMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sexy View Post
      Turbo charging 2 strokes is pointless, all it does is lean out your engine and kill it.. Have been in the rc car world for ages now and have seen turbo/superchargers put on nitro engines and also fuel engines, it just doesn't do any thing. You would get the same result by just leaning it out. It's stupid
      but do rc cars have pocket bike engines or lawn mower engines in them? I would argue no
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrKilrwats View Post
        but do rc cars have pocket bike engines or lawn mower engines in them? I would argue no
        Yes they do! My 1/5 scale baja car has a modified brush cutter engine, it's no different to a pocket bike engine. Go check out a few large scale rc forums.. All two strokes work the same! Oil is mixed with fuel and the carby govens how much oil/fuel to air the engine receives.. You force more air in what's it going to do? Lean out! If you really think 2 strokes can be turbo'd then why the hell are they non existent?? Because it doesn't work! 4 strokes work totally different, oil is stored in sump or resvoir and not mixed with fuel

Comment

hey mate ur right bout 2stroke but does it say im doing it to a 2stroke? read back 5 posts
          sigpic

Comment

MrKilrawts: Your question has been answered. Yes, you can turbo a small single cylinder engine. You can do it cheap and with incorrect parts and have something that uses more fuel and makes the same power as it did stock, or spend a bit extra or make the parts yourself and get good results.

You can keep it carby but that would require suck through or blow through setup (google these terms) or you could go the EFI route. Depending on many factors the stock internals will be a gamble at best and instant failure is likely with any sort of boost, then you've got to sort an oil feed and return, easy to do on an oil cooled motor, not so on aircooled 49cc.

http://www.atomik.com.au/performance...hen-140-k.html thats what I started with, I bought upgraded rotating assembly, valve springs, a decompression gasket, the EFI kit and an IHI knockoff turbo. Add to this a big oil cooler and some nice braided lines and hey presto.... a 13,000rpm single cylinder turbo

Comment

Thank you very very very much helps heaps 😊
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X