Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To motorbike, or not to motorbike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mutton_wizard View Post
    if you still haven't mastered a manual car then theres no way in hell you should be even thinking about getting a bike.
    Honestly knowing how to drive a manual car is nothing like riding a motorcycle and i actually believe that people who havent driven a manual vehicle have a easier time picking up how to ride a bike. Riding a motorcycle basically forces a person to pay attention because so many people are scared of how dangerous they are. People tend to pay more attention to what they are doing when starting to ride. Operating a trigger clutch is completely different from a car. also after you become experienced with riding most people only use the cluth to take off. slip shifting is quite normal on a bike. I honestly dont believe that someone is worse off for not knowing how to drive a manual car. they are 2 completely different beasts all together.

on a side note having seen friends of mine go down several times and even get tboned and live with injuries ranging anywhere from scratches to broken bones and torn ligaments. i cant honestly say that while there is a greater chance of death. i believe that a accident is a accident and any time you get in one there is a tremendous chance of serious injury. my one recommendation if you decide to ride is a loud exhaust. im not sure about where you guys live but in most states there are no noise ordnance for bikes so louder exhaust will help for other drivers to notice you and keep an eye out for you
    Last edited by 1great8; 30-07-2012, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Grab one of those minibikes for a few hundred and just mess about with it in the few blocks around you, you'll get a taste of biking, its pretty safe (going fast on something small should make you uncomfortable enough to slow down and stop you wiping yourself out.)

Comment

Originally posted by DanielLR View Post
        Grab one of those minibikes for a few hundred and just mess about with it in the few blocks around you, you'll get a taste of biking, its pretty safe (going fast on something small should make you uncomfortable enough to slow down and stop you wiping yourself out.)
        Don't...do this.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Crazy2287
        Stephen, Are you stalking me?

Comment

Get a bike man you wont regret it either will your wallet if you use it to commute to work and back... I hate being on my Ps (ive been riding motorbikes since I was 5 now 26) I really want a RC8 *drool*
          though I dont mind my CBR
          Last edited by eastcoastdrifter; 17-08-2012, 08:47 PM.
          If you love it keep on doing it if not Scram

Comment

I love my bike. My life has been significantly enhanced since getting it. It's cheap to run, $20 will last me a week and a half on petrol, meanwhile in the Skyline Id be lucky to have 100 last me as long on my regular routes.
            I'm only on my L's about to get restricted and riding a Honda Spada but love it.
            I wouldn't recommend it to everyone though. If you fear the whole idea of motorcycles, don't get one. You are going to be a danger to yourself. Just like over cautious drivers, over cautious riders are a danger to themselves and others. I don't mean pay no attention to the road for obvious reasons but if you are over cautious, chances are you'll mess up. After a while it all comes naturally though and like previously said, the clutch is generally only used for taking off and slowing down once you've got a bit of experience with shifting, I havent used the clutch to go through the gears in some time now.

Comment

Working...
            X