Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorbike / Cal License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorbike / Cal License

i was wondering... is it possible to ride a motorbike using a learners bike license if your car license is suspended or becomes suspended?

in nsw?
    sigpic
    Oh no he didn't.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

I doubt there'd be many people able to answer that question first-hand, but either:

- They'd give you the licence, and the 4pt hit would suspend both licence classes,
    - They'd refuse to grant you the licence when you apply due to driving record (notice of refusal until xx/yy/zz),
    - Be lucky Suspend only your C class licence (car) and not your R class licence (Rider).

I tried something similar recently, got refused a licence and issued a notice of refusal due to an outstanding, unapplied suspension. In trying to ask the RTA what to do though I got different responses from everyone I spoke to (which delayed my refusal period and thus I now have to wait even longer before I can get my licence back, useless tarts ). You could try contacting them and seeing what they say, or even just doing the course + test and seeing how you go. I honestly would not be surprised if you would get different outcomes out of different RTA representatives.

Do you actually want to ride or are you just looking into it as a sheer last resort?

Comment

Originally posted by Rake View Post
      Do you actually want to ride or are you just looking into it as a sheer last resort?
      well, i see it as sort of a final opportunity to be able to get a bike license XD
      sigpic
      Oh no he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Labourfix View Post
        i was wondering... is it possible to ride a motorbike using a learners bike license if your car license is suspended or becomes suspended?

in nsw?
        If you license becomes suspended or if its suspending you are unable to ride a bike on NSW roads as far as i know you cant because my mate lost his car license and the RTA said nope your are not allowed.
        Previous cars: N14 SSS, N15 SSS, Subaru Liberty RX

Car now: MY06 WRX

Comment

Appremtly all licence class get suspended. I had a mate who held a boat licence and hooned like crazy on the water as he was'nt aware of this condition. He not only got his boat licence suspended but also his car. I assume it's the same with bikes. It cant hurt to send the RTA a question through their "contact us" section on their website or at least ring them up. Im sure if there is a good reason behind it eg: work purposes, an exemption may be granted (no doubt if thats the case that there will be a fee involved). i saw your post on the busted thread. Did you end up loosing your provisional 1 licence yet?
          Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
          MR CELICAS TOY!
          MrCelicas Family rides!
          Originally posted by Rake
          MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

it use to be your bike licence and your car licence were on different licences so if you lost one you got the other still, then the rta worked out what people were doing so they linked them on one. so if you lose one you lose all your licences in one hit now.
            IT'S NOT THE SPEED THAT KILLS, IT'S THE SUDDEN STOP.

Comment

It's all the same. This includes car, heavy, bike & boat licence.

Get one suspended, get them all suspended.
              If at first you don't succeed, add duct take.

Comment

Alright, thanks guy's.
                i think i might get my bike license anyway, now its just a question of which bike.

Originally posted by MrCelica View Post
                i saw your post on the busted thread. Did you end up loosing your provisional 1 licence yet?
                no i havent lost it... yet.
                it took my friends dad about a month to get a ticket in the mail, but i'm trying not to talk about it so i dont jinx it XD
                sigpic
                Oh no he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                X