Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YZF-R1 Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YZF-R1 Opinions?

I'm 17, I've been riding motorbikes since I remember, the first road bike I sat myself on was an r6 and I loved it to pieces. Lately I have been riding my mates R1 to and from gym etc, I love it to pieces, the freedom to drop down 3 gears and just rev the shit out of it is something I have never experienced in a bike until this..

To the point of the thread, the reason I am asking is because I'm thinking of buying one myself instead of moving to QLD to get my P's..
    Firstly, What do you like about the R1 and what do you hate about it?
    Secondly, is there a better 1000cc Super-bike I could buy? if so what makes it better?
    Thirdly, as I will be riding without a licence (trust me I know the risks, I know what I'm up for if I get caught and I'm willing to bare the consequences for my actions) do you think this is a good bike to do so with?

(I in know way am telling others to go out and buy super-bikes at 17 and ride unlicensed, this is purely my decision, and I may look back later on in life and realise how stupid I was, Don't do this yourself unless you know and are prepared for the consequences)
    Mighty Mod Everything.

sigpic

So you're asking us to recommend some 1000cc super bikes to a 17 year old kid without a license? My opinion, don't get one and do it properly. Start small, get a license, or fill out an organ donor card and get your R1.

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
      So you're asking us to recommend some 1000cc super bikes to a 17 year old kid without a license? My opinion, don't get one and do it properly. Start small, get a license, or fill out an organ donor card and get your R1.
      I've started small, I'm reasonably experienced and I don't ride like an idiot, I want an R1 for the fact that I will want to go to the track every now and then, I've been riding and R1 for the last 2 months, I'm confident with my riding abilities, I won't run if I get pulled over, I'm not going to be sitting on the back wheel at every set of lights... I know my limits and I can handle a bike better than most riders.
      Mighty Mod Everything.

sigpic

Comment

You need a licence to go to a track mate.
        Originally posted by ThePossum
        Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
        Originally posted by blitz
        make it low with some stance
        Originally posted by Cal
        I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
        Moist.

Comment

There's no feeling of anything on them litre sports bikes , plus if you hit someone without a license you are farkeeedd
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlxG View Post
            There's no feeling of anything on them litre sports bikes
            Are you meaning they're no fun?
            Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
            Originally posted by Cal
            I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
            Moist.

Comment

Nah just until your actually going fast and well over the speed limit your not pushing the bike at all and it all just feels , slow , my opinion anyway
              sigpic

Comment

Well that's like saying a ferrari is no fun to drive, because you have to stick to the speed limit
                Originally posted by Cal
                Moist.

Comment

I do whud I wan! Aint no speed limits holdin me back!

Comment

No that's completely different , your comparing a bike and a car...
                    sigpic

Comment

Offff topic lguise lol, we're trying to figure out if this 17 year old with no license should be getting a 1000cc bike.

Comment

Hahaha , hmm.. Answers itself really
                        sigpic

Comment

I may look back later on in life and realise how stupid I was
                          Yep.

It's not exactly a stealth bike, any over exuberance on it and and the cops will take great pleasure in pulling you over.

Get your license, you will have to do it one day might as well be now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty View Post
                            I've started small, I'm reasonably experienced and I don't ride like an idiot, I want an R1 for the fact that I will want to go to the track every now and then, I've been riding and R1 for the last 2 months, I'm confident with my riding abilities, I won't run if I get pulled over, I'm not going to be sitting on the back wheel at every set of lights... I know my limits and I can handle a bike better than most riders.
                            So after saying all of that, why do you need an R1?

Sounds like you want an Aprilia RS125.

Seriously though, you have to know that everyone is going to say "get a license, dont ride the R1".

On that note, get a license, don't ride the R1. When you get caught the newspaper headline will say "unlicensed rider caught on high powered super bike" and that headline will be followed by "Police announce crackdown on Motorbike riders".
                            If you crash it, you will go make the news again, and again cast the rest of us into a bad light.

So basically no, no and no.
                            Originally posted by MOOG
                            Cars, motorbikes and photography. We like you already
                            Originally posted by MOOG
                            Hopko knows what he's talking about. Listen to him and success will be yours!
                            Originally posted by Rosey
                            Give it time. Hopko always delivers the hot girls.

Comment

You might be able to handle that bike fine. You may have been riding bikes for ages, and know all about how to balance, change gears, do mad skids etc. The thing that will get you is inexperience in reading road conditions and predicting what car drivers are going to do. That only comes with experience, and is more difficult than just operating the bike.

Saying im 17 and I'm cofident in my abilities is the same as saying I'm 17.

But as you seem to think that you couldn't possibly ride anything other than a super bike, just get the cheapest one you can, so you have money left over for the massive fines of unlicenced, unregistered, uninsured.

Also get health insurance.
                              2008 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...im-s-XR6-Turbo
                              1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...k-Toy-R33-GTST

Comment

Working...
                              X