Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YZF-R1 Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Cheap, Inline 4, revs to 18,000 RPM and more to the point.

IT'S ****ING LEGAL FOR YOU TO DRIVE YOU INSANE ****HEAD.

sigpic
    Originally posted by Crazy2287
    Stephen, Are you stalking me?

Comment

I had the FZR250 when I was on my P's. It was extremely surprising how fast it was.Fun bike.
      2008 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...im-s-XR6-Turbo
      1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...k-Toy-R33-GTST

Comment

i started on a kawi ninja 600 and i can say after 4 years of riding i am just now getting to where i feel like i can pull everything out of what the 600 has. untill you really get experienced riding on the road i suggest a 250 or a 600 meanwhile you can save and really look at bikes and in a few years when you really wanna trade up you can get your dream bike what ever that may be

Comment

Mate.
          My old man is missing his right leg because of some *uckwit who hit him 25 years ago. He had been riding for 20 years prior to that.
          So for arguments sake it matters not how experienced you are.

If you are as confident and as comfortable on a bike as you say you are - get a 250 and ride the balls off of it without fear of it punishing any and all mistakes you make.

Oh and get a license....
          1979 Porsche 924 Coupe
          1988 Celica SX Hatch
          1994 BMW 328i Coupe
          1996 Mercedes 280 Sports
          2004 Toyota Kluger
          2005 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 8 (Current)

Comment

Originally posted by Stumps View Post
            Mate.
            My old man is missing his right leg because of some *uckwit who hit him 25 years ago. He had been riding for 20 years prior to that.
            So for arguments sake it matters not how experienced you are.

If you are as confident and as comfortable on a bike as you say you are - get a 250 and ride the balls off of it without fear of it punishing any and all mistakes you make.

Oh and get a license....
            About that... I bought a 2011 R1, but it's not a road bike, it's a track bike, I paid 7k for it, it was never written off, it was just bought and converted to a track bike, it's definitely not road legal and never will be, but that's just because it's been tracked and had track modifications, I just need to find out track rules and whether or not a 17 year old can ride on a track.. I went halves in a bike with my brother and we ended up with a hyosung gt650r, I'm yet to ride because I can't get my licence until 18, but now I have a track bike, a road bike and the next thing to look for is either a ute or a supra after all that I only have like 12k left, so it's going to be a reasonably cheap/High km car..
            Mighty Mod Everything.

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh well. Stay safe man.

For your kids sake. Trust me
              1979 Porsche 924 Coupe
              1988 Celica SX Hatch
              1994 BMW 328i Coupe
              1996 Mercedes 280 Sports
              2004 Toyota Kluger
              2005 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 8 (Current)

Comment

Originally posted by Stumps View Post
                Ahhh well. Stay safe man.

For your kids sake. Trust me
                Cheers for the concern
                Mighty Mod Everything.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty View Post
                  About that... I bought a 2011 R1, but it's not a road bike, it's a track bike, I paid 7k for it, it was never written off, it was just bought and converted to a track bike, it's definitely not road legal and never will be, but that's just because it's been tracked and had track modifications, I just need to find out track rules and whether or not a 17 year old can ride on a track.. I went halves in a bike with my brother and we ended up with a hyosung gt650r, I'm yet to ride because I can't get my licence until 18, but now I have a track bike, a road bike and the next thing to look for is either a ute or a supra after all that I only have like 12k left, so it's going to be a reasonably cheap/High km car..
                  A 17 year old with over $19,000, wow. You must have done a few paper rounds. ;-) Take care on the streets, and save the really fast driving for the track.
                  Mx5 NA (1.6L)
                  Impreza ('95 2dr)
                  Chrysler 300C (3.5L)

Comment

[QUOTE=Robert;275386]A 17 year old with over $19,000, wow. You must have done a few paper rounds. ;-) [QUOTE]

Screw that. I just want to know where to find a 1 year old R1 with all the mods to convert to a track bike for $7k?....
                    19k brand new + track fairings, exhaust etc = -12k?

Bargin on the century. Or is a 2001 R1?
                    Originally posted by MOOG
                    Cars, motorbikes and photography. We like you already
                    Originally posted by MOOG
                    Hopko knows what he's talking about. Listen to him and success will be yours!
                    Originally posted by Rosey
                    Give it time. Hopko always delivers the hot girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopko View Post

Screw that. I just want to know where to find a 1 year old R1 with all the mods to convert to a track bike for $7k?....
                      19k brand new + track fairings, exhaust etc = -12k?

Bargin on the century. Or is a 2001 R1?
                      2011, firstly track bikes don't sell for that much, it's in pretty shitty condition as some of the other forum members have seen, and it still has road fairings, it's a shit track bike tbh haha

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      A 17 year old with over $19,000, wow. You must have done a few paper rounds. ;-) Take care on the streets, and save the really fast driving for the track.
                      Always, and I've worked since I was 15, got my dad to invest everything that I earned in shares that he found appropriate., I have alot more than 19k, I also have a trust fund with over 15k in it I'm just budgeting it out a bit
                      Last edited by Mighty; 13-09-2012, 07:19 AM.
                      Mighty Mod Everything.

sigpic

Comment

sorry, kinda just skimmed over this, you don't ave your bike license, but you're getting it when your 18?
                        Originally posted by Mighty
                        sometimes I dig holes in my backyard and stand in them and pretend I'm a turnip.
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah there ok but for the same money I would rather a RC8
                          If you love it keep on doing it if not Scram

Comment

Working...
                          X