Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Law: Your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EP82_NZ View Post
    Hi there, Looking at getting my motorbike license in the future so keeping myself up to date with all the "happenings" in motorbike news and licensing.

I'm in New Zealand and at the moment the laws for L plate and restricted (similar to p plate) are limited to 250cc and under bikes as well as only being able to go 70kmh on your learners etc...
    However as of october they are changing these 2 laws to anything under 660cc engine can be used on your learners or restricted as long it was a power to weight ration of 150kw/tonne. The 70kmh rule has also been revoked on learner licenses

My question is. Which do you guys find to be the most sensible/practicle. I'm a bit stumped and was wondering what the *experts* thought
    Thanks
    The L plate thign and P plate thing never seizes to amaze me. How the heck are you supposed to gain experience when your speeds and distances are measured with a calender? I mean its not like it really prepapres you for the actual speedlimit. it simply teaches you to do all sorts of tricks and fabrications in order not to piss off other motorists while dodging fines.

In germany you can do 250kmhs if you just got your license, and you wont lose it. I'm pleased to report that German drivers are amongst europe's finest and that Germany has NOT collapsed in totall anarchy. We don't see streams of blood running paralell to the autobahn , and in fact, everybody is doing fine.
    Originally posted by deadcell96
    It's like Underground 2 all over again.
    Originally posted by jmacman12
    ...but, but he's got such a good star rating!!

Disclaimer: Under NO circumstance should anybody replicate any actions I did. Seriously. Don't.

Comment

the difference between germany and australia is the quality of the roads, we dont have autobahns we have a single lane each way with a pot hole every few meters, doing much more than 130-140 kmh from sydney to bathurst is suicidal

Comment

They have roads like that too. Thats where they put the limits on. But then a little government incentive and voila: superwide autobahn being built on the bits that matter.

But to just say: we cant do it because we cant build roads isnt a valid reason.
        Originally posted by deadcell96
        It's like Underground 2 all over again.
        Originally posted by jmacman12
        ...but, but he's got such a good star rating!!

Disclaimer: Under NO circumstance should anybody replicate any actions I did. Seriously. Don't.

Comment

the limited speeds for learners and p platers are ****ing stupid.

no wonder nobody know how to merge anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mutton_wizard View Post
            the limited speeds for learners and p platers are ****ing stupid.

no wonder nobody know how to merge anymore.
            I've never...ever driven at 80 when the speed limit was higher. Limiting P platers to 80 just means you'll have a whole lot of obstructions causing bizarre behaviour from other traffic...and a whole lot of P platers with no plates up (that was me hehehe)
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Crazy2287
            Stephen, Are you stalking me?

Comment

After a run with dirt bikes I'm buying my first road bike in a few weeks. Wanted an RGV 250 since I was 17, I'm 32 now haha so I'm buying one. There is a heap of them for sale on Trade Me now, there used to be maybe two or three, and they were usually crap, now there is like a dozen with a couple of really tidy ones for not much money. I'll be on my learners but don't really care tbh about LAMS.

Comment

Working...
              X