Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to save for first bike, but what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ren-dog
    replied
    I'm looking at that VTR250, reading the reviews and they are all shinning.
    And they look pretty maaaaaaaaad in matte black.

Leave a comment:

• Bradmancanfly
    replied
    honda CBR250RR dude. sick little bikes. look awesome, go fast, cheap and good on fuel. its my first bike and i can't fault it

Leave a comment:

• rogerlam
    replied
    a yamaha yzfr125! they look mad cool

Leave a comment:

• Hankey
    replied
    Early 90's CBR250 2 stroke? I would certainly buy one if they sold them in America.

Leave a comment:

• Faceplant
    replied
    One of my mates has a 2012 ninja, 250cc for sale now. Its probably out of your price range and it is in NSW but its $5500. With 20,000 km on the clock. Its a blue one too.

Leave a comment:

• FortKid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snowman
    replied
    Honda VTR250
    Kawasaki ZZR250
    Kawasaki GPX 250
    Suzuki Across
    Hyosung gt250r

Theres heaps to choose from, most of those should be close to your price range.

Leave a comment:

• Ren-dog
    replied
    Originally posted by AlxG View Post
    i dont see how a bigger sized engine would cause you to act like an idiot but alright , if your not that experienced what about a motard? there much more forgiving on the road , easier to ride and such , also wack a pair of knobblys on and go off road
    1: I can act like more of an idiot on a bigger bike "Whats the top speed!!!" kind of shit.
    2: F*** no just no, no no no no no.

Leave a comment:

• theferris
    replied
    Originally posted by Ren-dog View Post
    I won't go anything bigger because I Know I will act like an idiot. Just like what I do in the commodore, and not being very experienced on a bike I will probably die doing so.

250 will be good until full R class licence and then get something that I will kill myself on.
    I agree with that. Anything bigger then a 250 youre just going to make a bigger mess. The 250 will smoke most cars to 100 anyway.

As for a Motard (I assume this is a 50cc sit on not straddle jobby) been there done that **** that. They are more dangerous then a 250. Atleast the 250 has enough power to get you out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• AlxG
    replied
    i dont see how a bigger sized engine would cause you to act like an idiot but alright , if your not that experienced what about a motard? there much more forgiving on the road , easier to ride and such , also wack a pair of knobblys on and go off road

Leave a comment:

• Ren-dog
    replied
    Originally posted by AlxG View Post
    long term probably not , i think youd get sick of having a 250 once you gained some road experience , especially in a rural place
    I won't go anything bigger because I Know I will act like an idiot. Just like what I do in the commodore, and not being very experienced on a bike I will probably die doing so.

250 will be good until full R class licence and then get something that I will kill myself on.

Leave a comment:

• morganluke
    replied
    Ct110

Leave a comment:

• AlxG
    replied
    long term probably not , i think youd get sick of having a 250 once you gained some road experience , especially in a rural place

Leave a comment:

• Ren-dog
    replied
    For the price and condition of older 250's, I could get a Kawa Ninja 250 with 10,000k's on it.
    I wonder what Is the best long term option.........

Leave a comment:

• theferris
    replied
    Yeah true. I know here in NZ the start price for a non GN250 bike thats legal is abot $3500

Leave a comment:

Working...
X