Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBR250RR or Ninja 250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If their isn't any power restrictions on bikes like here in New Zealand and Aussie I would go with a bigger bike if you already know how to ride. Not that I don't like 250s I just would go bigger like a 600. If your set on a 250cc sports bike I would go with the 250 ninja because it has more power and is better looking in my opinion
    There is a good video on the motortrend youtube channel look for the 250 shootout in the on two wheels playlist its good shows the pros and cons of both bikes on the racetrack.
    Dream cars:
    Toyota Supra
    Mazda RX7
    Skyline GTR R33 or R34
    1970 Dodge challenger R/T
    1970 Dodge Superbee
    (To many to name)

Comment

Wow, did you people not understand what "there's no way I can buy a bike in bulk cash for the next year" means?

I had the money for a down payment, NOT a $2500 bike as a whole.

And to those of you that honestly recommended a 600+ CC sportbike, I really hope you were being facetious, I already know that is the most retarded thing anyone can do, learners ARE NEVER ready for supersport bikes, I don't care about "power", if I can meet highway speeds and get my knee down, then I'm fine. But a 16 year old with a supersport (especially a CBR600F4i) is a one way ticket to death.

I ended up buying a CM400 and I put Cafe bars on it. Shame on the last three posters, I really hope you never recommend that to anyone ever again.
      Originally posted by MOOG
      Super Weasel Piss - sounds like its worth trying!
      Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
      what is the US version of a cressida?

Comment

CBR250RR or Ninja 250?

Ninja 650 is by no means a super sport bike. It's a good beginner bike that will keep you satisfied for years after you learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hankey View Post
          Wow, did you people not understand what "there's no way I can buy a bike in bulk cash for the next year" means?

I had the money for a down payment, NOT a $2500 bike as a whole.

And to those of you that honestly recommended a 600+ CC sportbike, I really hope you were being facetious, I already know that is the most retarded thing anyone can do, learners ARE NEVER ready for supersport bikes, I don't care about "power", if I can meet highway speeds and get my knee down, then I'm fine. But a 16 year old with a supersport (especially a CBR600F4i) is a one way ticket to death.

I ended up buying a CM400 and I put Cafe bars on it. Shame on the last three posters, I really hope you never recommend that to anyone ever again.
          My first sports bike was a cbr F4, my friends first sports bike was a 2007 R1. Just because the bike has a lot of power it doesn't mean you have to use it.(Although personally iI would recommend a 250 to most beginners.) By death do you mean pash with the ladies.
          Mx5 NA (1.6L)
          Impreza ('95 2dr)
          Chrysler 300C (3.5L)

Comment

Dunno if they're still around, but my 1st bike is a ZZR600, imported from USA in '03. bought it in '12..

Can be an easy tourer, rides easy. if u open up throttle, it goes like a maniac..

Congratulations on your purchase! looks like a real cafe racer

And the 1st question, I'd go with Ninja, as usual.
            Kawa gives the thrill nothing else gives. in my opinion
            //Sander.

Originally posted by ADowbs
            I wouldn't buy the "unintended acceleration" story personally, she wasn't driving a Toyota.

Comment

Have you considered a Super Moto, something like a DRZ 400 SM?
              I drive around in this beater

Comment

Originally posted by Napior View Post
                Have you considered a Super Moto, something like a DRZ 400 SM?
                Being hunched over the bars is a must, hence cafe racer.
                Originally posted by MOOG
                Super Weasel Piss - sounds like its worth trying!
                Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
                what is the US version of a cressida?

Comment

Working...
                X