Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streetfighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streetfighters

I am thinking of getting a streetfighter as a city summer commuter(gsxr750). They have good seat/handle bar position, 0-60 around 3 seconds(madness), and 40mpg (5.8L/100km); a prius gets 50mpg.

What are your views on having a streetfighters?

This is a streetfighter:

Its a sportbike with no fairing and added weight reduction with different front suspension and handlebars. They are supposed to look more aggressive and are easier to do wheelies and stuff on.
    Mx5 NA (1.6L)
    Impreza ('95 2dr)
    Chrysler 300C (3.5L)

Aha looks great,
    i've never ridden one but an Yamaha R1 1000cc does great for me
    Originally posted by tekkentool
    Dorifto = drift.

Done.

enjoy your initial D.
    Originally posted by villain
    Bro, just buy some JDM wheels and JDM guard flares and a JDM spoiler with some more JDM stickers and then stance your car because that's JDM and then tint your back windows with JDM tint and then put a big JDM exhaust on there with a JDM dildo gear knob and a JDM car-make sticker on your window and then a JDM paint job..

JDM bro.
    JDM.

Comment

That looks more like a naked bike. If you're buying a bike that has been converted to street fighter (or became naked), it's most likely because the owner crashed it and can't afford to repair or replace the fairings. For that reason, it's probably not a good idea to buy one. And if you're riding a GSXR750, you don't need any help doing wheelies; The thing already has heaps of power!

Comment

If you want to do it on the cheap, the earlier oil cooled GSXR's make great street fighters.
        With the fairing removed they look nice and clean, no extra bits hanging off the sides.

I have the 88 model that is popular for the SF treatment, the alloy cradle frame really shows of the motor.

It is not my preference to have a street fighter but I really like the look for them and I can see the appeal.

Comment

Have fun sliding along on your face.
          Originally posted by ThePossum
          Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
          Originally posted by blitz
          make it low with some stance
          Originally posted by Cal
          I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
          Moist.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
            I am thinking of getting a streetfighter as a city summer commuter(gsxr750). They have good seat/handle bar position, 0-60 around 3 seconds(madness), and 40mpg (5.8L/100km); a prius gets 50mpg.

This is a streetfighter:

Its a sportbike with no fairing and added weight reduction with different front suspension and handlebars. They are supposed to look more aggressive and are easier to do wheelies and stuff on.
            Wait, so you want to get a gsxr750 and convert it to a streetfighter thing? Isn't the gsxr750 a sport bike with a fairing?

As far as opinions go on streetfighter style bikes go, one of the best looking bikes in my opinion is the old Buell XB9SX. Sure it makes very little power and shook a lot and had lovely HD reliability...but it looked soooooo cool.

I will never forgive HD for what they did to Erik Buell.
            Last edited by FortKid; 13-12-2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: spellin'
            Originally posted by MOOG
            Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
            Originally posted by Jenga
            You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

F4i's are already incredibly popular in the stunting scene. Why not just buy a new street bike if that's what you want then convert your F4i into a stunter? Change the rear sprocket if it doesn't have enough oomph
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Crazy2287
              Stephen, Are you stalking me?

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post

This is a streetfighter:

Looks like a GSR750

Comment

Originally posted by ack View Post
                  Looks like a GSR750
                  It's a Ducati Streetfighter.
                  Daily: -96 Honda Civic VTi B18
                  Street quad: -06 Dinli 450cc
                  Summer car: -65 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 230ci
                  Forever project: -97 Fiat Bravo HGT
                  Ex:
                  -00 Audi A3 1.8T quattro
                  -95 Honda Civic 1.3 Dual Carb
                  -92 Honda Civic 1.3

Comment

Originally posted by TJay View Post
                    It's a Ducati Streetfighter.
                    Sorry what I meant was it looks similar to a GSR750. Might be a better alternative to getting a GSXR and taking the fairings off.

Comment

I too also see "Streetfighters" as modded bikes. A bit like Café Racers.

Some bikes might have that stance stock, as naked or semi-naked offerings, but they'd still be classed as a "sports" category bike or whatever.

Comment

bikepics-733894-800.jpg

Im going to be a prude here and say of all the bikes ive owned the Ducati was the worst.
                        Both for build quality and service.

And its not a streetfighter.... That is ^

Comment

Like others said a 'Streetfighter' is a faired bike thats had the fairings ripped off, usually after a crash. A Naked bike is one that came from the factory with no fairings, wiring looms hoses etc. are usually well thought out and kept neat on these, where as a streetfighter can be painful to make it look tidy. The first photo in the thread is a naked bike called a Ducati Streetfighter incidently. Hope this helps.

Comment

What bikes were you looking at? just the 750? Have a look at bikes that are already naked like Honda hornet 919 or something like that. Heaps of room for customization you can put a different headlight on it or whatever you want. Or you can be boring and buy a factory streetfighter like the Ducati in your pic :P
                            "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

"Lots of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more MORE is..."

My Ninja ZX10r
                            http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ki-Ninja-ZX10R
                            My Ute
                            http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-Falcon-XG-ute

Comment

the original term street fighter came from the uk and im led to believe.... they were bikes that had minor damage that the owner couldn't afford to repar or didn't want to so they yanked bits off and stuck Cheap Replacements on, so getting a new headlight from a bike savage place. Me being picky I would argue My 125 cbr is more of a street fighter than The bike you posted a picture of.... I dont have a problem with any bike make,Type,scooter, I do have a problem with you calling a Ducati street fighter a "streetfighter" It has streetfighter styling (Debatable) But it is very much a Off the shelf toy, Streetfighters are custom bikes that someone has put work into to make personal..... Its like saying a stock ferrari is the same as a worked R34.

14179185484745.jpg

That is a street fighter
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X