Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda Engine, 1 million KM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raisin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mcmerc01 View Post
    Holy crap! 600 whole kilometres?
    Rofl, this is why I shouldn't post at 1:13 in the morning. ^^ I meant 600,000km. His car before managed 500,000km too. I think he still has both of them, but he doesn't drive them anymore. Selling them just isn't worth his time either.

Leave a comment:

• Mcmerc01
    replied
    Originally posted by Raisin View Post
    My grandfather did 600km on his 1.6 liter Opel Monza GSi before he bought a new car. But getting that much mileage on an engine nearly 1/4th of the size is impressive!
    Holy crap! 600 whole kilometres?

Leave a comment:

• Raisin
    replied
    My grandfather did 600km on his 1.6 liter Opel Monza GSi before he bought a new car. But getting that much mileage on an engine nearly 1/4th of the size is impressive!

Leave a comment:

• Rake
    replied
    Yep. The white counter = 1/10th KM (100m).

~1 Million KM's on a 30 year old bike would be 33,333.33-- KM per year. Approx 91km per day every day for 30 years. It's feasible for a person to achieve that kind of milage solo, but that's well above average I'd say (lets say the average milage on a car is 20,000km/yr!). On a bike? He'd need a personal chiropractor!
    Last edited by Rake; 18-01-2013, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dug
    replied
    It's 900k off 1,000,000 kilometres.
    They must be selling it before its value depreciates.

Leave a comment:

• Stevearcade
    replied
    I saw a video of a guy in the states, who had the Acura equivalent to the Accord or the Legend, I forget. Had done a 500,000 Miles. Only had the consumables like pads and fluids done. Still on original clutch and loads of other things you'd expect to have worn by now. Honda reliability is good. No doubt.

Leave a comment:

• INVSBL
    replied
    our trucks at my work do a couple of million KMs before we sell them, dont see why a properly maintained car cant do the same

Leave a comment:

• MadeinJapan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Codyy
    replied
    HAHAHAH this is by far the funniest thing i have seen all day..

Leave a comment:

• Sgt.PinkiePie
    replied
    Umm.... That is 99,827 kilometres and the little white one measures hundred meters. It's 900k off 1,000,000 kilometres.

But on that note, my Father used to work for a company and their little Carolla dubbed "Abba" had 900,000+ kilometres on the clock.

Leave a comment:

started a topic Honda Engine, 1 million KM's

Honda Engine, 1 million KM's

http://kamloops.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ410428342

Wow, just about 1,000,000 km's from a 450cc engine.

I have heard a lot of claims about honda engines, but this tops it.

My honda bike has 27,000 kms and I have heard of the same bike(600cc) hit 300,000 km/s (probably would do more but the owner crashed).

I was planning a round america road trip(by bike) and that was 13,500 km's (fun fact: I would go through 3 sets of tires on the trip)
Working...
X