Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on 2003 gsxr750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on 2003 gsxr750

looking at buying a 2002 to 2003 gsxr 750. Upgrading from an old cx500 shadow. Any reports on what a gsxr is like to own or live with would be great. Im about 185cm tall and about 90kg, Cheers.
    LOW, STATIC DROP AND NO AIRBAGS PLEASE...

Very solid bike.
    Cant fault them as far as build and engine are concerned.

Just be vigilant when buying it though. The usual stuff. Check its history, look all over the bike and the engine looking for holes drilled for lockwire indicating track use.
    Look behind the fairings for engine case damage ect ect. If you can test ride it pay attention to the clutch condition and any sort of noise from 1st and 2nd gear (Shuddering when taking off from stop and loud clunks when shifting from 1st to 2nd.)

With the right maintenance gixxers are bomb proof though.

Comment

been looking for a 750 for a long time can't find one that hasn't been thrashed by some Kenny Roberts jr. wannabe. everything i read about them is solid stuff. love Suzuki sport bikes
      sigpic Because Race car.

Comment

Took a 2005 gsxr for a ride yesterday and it went like the clappers but was not very comfortable. I don't think I could live with the fetal position long term but nice bike all the same. Have widened my search to some bigger bikes with a less aggressive riding position. Looking at a 2004 kawasaki z1000 tonight. Anyone have any thoughts on this bike???

Comment

Friggin awesome bike.
          Ive got a 2012 model

Comment

Just got the z1000. My my what a nice machine...

Comment

Working...
            X