Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the bikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hah wtf XD
    They say a dog is a man's best friend, but I don't even have enemies that would look me dead in the eye while sh*tting on my floor...

Comment

Get a 125 that will take a 250 engine swap.
      https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...om-los-angeles

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Truck View Post
        Get a 125 that will take a 250 engine swap.
        That's a good idea I hadn't considered. Thnx
        They say a dog is a man's best friend, but I don't even have enemies that would look me dead in the eye while sh*tting on my floor...

Comment

I've found that smaller displacement bikes are often more fun than larger ones. I've had lots of fun on 125s and the like.

Land speed records for 125s are like 150mph; so fast can happen on a little bike.

BUT if your out for speed there are a lot of things you can do to make that 125 faster.

If you're looking at a 4 stroke.

1) bigger carb. Definitely the best bang for your buck here. Not so much bigger but better designed. Get a flat slide vs a round slide like most small disp bikes use.
          2) ignition advancement. Lots of newer bikes use CDI ignition There are dozens of aftermarket CDI programs that are plug and play.
          3) cam. Depending on your bike there might be an aftermarket cam available.
          4) exhaust. Don't go hog wild on this one. Exhaust doesn't do as much as most will lead you to believe, but it most defentely helps if you've done the other 1,2,3 things on this list.

If you're looking at getting a 2 stroke.

1) carb. Same as a 4 stroke
          2) port. Opening your intaking ports earlier will drastically change your power band. This is gonna be different depending on the engine you are dealing with, and the exhaust plays a major role in this.
          3) exhaust. Major game changer in the 2 stroke world. This will make all the difference in the world, from power band to fuel economy.

Most of this stuff can be done with a couple of bucks and will make your motoring experience better.

Comment

Originally posted by Qingdao View Post
            I've found that smaller displacement bikes are often more fun than larger ones. I've had lots of fun on 125s and the like.

Land speed records for 125s are like 150mph; so fast can happen on a little bike.

BUT if your out for speed there are a lot of things you can do to make that 125 faster.

If you're looking at a 4 stroke.

1) bigger carb. Definitely the best bang for your buck here. Not so much bigger but better designed. Get a flat slide vs a round slide like most small disp bikes use.
            2) ignition advancement. Lots of newer bikes use CDI ignition There are dozens of aftermarket CDI programs that are plug and play.
            3) cam. Depending on your bike there might be an aftermarket cam available.
            4) exhaust. Don't go hog wild on this one. Exhaust doesn't do as much as most will lead you to believe, but it most defentely helps if you've done the other 1,2,3 things on this list.

If you're looking at getting a 2 stroke.

1) carb. Same as a 4 stroke
            2) port. Opening your intaking ports earlier will drastically change your power band. This is gonna be different depending on the engine you are dealing with, and the exhaust plays a major role in this.
            3) exhaust. Major game changer in the 2 stroke world. This will make all the difference in the world, from power band to fuel economy.

Most of this stuff can be done with a couple of bucks and will make your motoring experience better.
            Super informative dude, thanks so much! Gave ya a like

Comment

125cc is better than walking....Did you ever get your bike?

Comment

Working...
              X