Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which brand of motorcycle gear do you have ? Why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brand of motorcycle gear do you have ? Why ?

All in the title, which brand do you like best (or which one do you have used and is a no go) ?

My scorpion helmet for example, bought it 300 euros, dead in a year (the smoked screen isn't attached to the command to open it anymore, the visor have no notch -broke...-, the air in the cheeks leak ...)
    Doesn't recommand this brand to anyone ...

Peace
    V
    My car : MG TF (2003)

As far as helmets go, I have both an Arai RX-Q and a Shoei RF1200. Both good summer helmets, the Arai fits my head a little better. Gloves and jacket I have AlpineStar, boots are TCX, and pants are some kevlar jeans that look decent but I wouldn't buy again due to the lack of padding.

As far as the Scorpion helmet, I've got friends who run that brand and they've worked out pretty well for them.

Comment

Considering I work at a motorcycle gear store I've got a few things. But I'll stick with my current summer gear for now.

Helmet - Arai Signet-x (goes by a different name)
      Jacket - RS Taichi Raptor perforated leather
      Pants - RS Taichi 3D Cordura
      Boots - Alpinestars short boots
      Gloves - Five stunt evo

Comment

I personally only wear BikersGearAustralia clothing on the bike; because it's made locally and is all 1.3mm 1 piece leather; and below $200.
        Unbeatable.

As for helmets, Airoh.
        I've owned tens of helmets, and NOTHING has come even CLOSE.

Also since I don't speed, there's actually something to be said about a lightweight helmet like an Airoh, which has a little (very little, but it's there) amount of flex. Shock absorption at normal road speeds are often more crucial than being 'rigid af'.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Scythe View Post
          I personally only wear BikersGearAustralia clothing on the bike; because it's made locally and is all 1.3mm 1 piece leather; and below $200.
          Unbeatable.

As for helmets, Airoh.
          I've owned tens of helmets, and NOTHING has come even CLOSE.

Also since I don't speed, there's actually something to be said about a lightweight helmet like an Airoh, which has a little (very little, but it's there) amount of flex. Shock absorption at normal road speeds are often more crucial than being 'rigid af'.
          That's crazy cheap for leather jackets. After looking at the site they seem ok but seeing as I can't look at them in person I'll have to take your word for it. If I may ask what do you like about the Airoh? I'm just curious as to why they would be better than an Arai or Shoei, if you have owned either of those helmets?

Comment

Yep, it's crazy cheap for local made, and single piece. Truly unbeatable.

Why Airoh?
            I mean, I guess there's nothing I don't like about them.
            They pass all the required safety regulations\tests.
            They're cheap.
            They're super light.
            They're actually tested, rated, and LEGAL to wear 'open' on their flip models (no other brand is; with the exception of that SHARK model that flips right to the back of the head).
            They're the quietest helmet I've worn, and they don't squish my forehead.

Arai and Shoei simply don't offer anything I'm missing, and have a much higher price tag; not to mention, the ones that I've tried, have all been heavier.

I'm sure for some people they just fit better, but in terms of features or quality, Australia has some of the most strict testing regimes in the world for safety gear; so why wouldn't I go with the lightest, thinnest, most comfortable choice, since it's passed the same tests as the others?

Comment

I went with:

Shark Spartan-built in flip sun visor almost seals around the interior foam padding, Shoei/Bell only came 2/3 of the way down, glasses pockets, chin veil/wind break, not too heavy, good on price around $450AUD. Their light up model was a bit cheesy, Shoei was $600+ for a helmet and unimpressive flip down visor.

Was looking at both the Shoei and shark for flip face/modular helmets and thought the jaw latches were a bit anaemic, wouldn't want to go chin 1st with tiny bent sheet latches on the Sheoi and the modular Shark was the same.

Dririder Nordic 4 for the jacket, liked the features, styling and safety mix

Dri rider pants - because pants

Dririder adventure 2 gloves - like the protection

It's rainy/windy in Ballarat quite often, plus dririder was the better road gear in the store I get a 10% membership discount at.

Also 1st time buying gear so am pretty new to the road bike/gear market.

Boots are some brand that were on clearance.

Wednesday morning was extremely windy, so happy I went with the winter gear, comfortable, warm, dry and the Shark helmet was great cutting out wind noise. Another concern with the modular was wind noise too.

Comment

I almost went with the Airoh helmet, but it didn't fit me as good as the Shark. For road stuff, above a certain price point generall safety doesn't increase. The Spartan was more for the features, if I didn't want the visor I would have also been happy with a $200 Bell helmet

Also, closes face because a rock from a truck at 100km/hr hurts a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Barry719 View Post
                  Also, closes face because a rock from a truck at 100km/hr hurts a lot
                  I have closed face, but I still prefer open.

130kmph in hail hurts though.

Comment

Yeah, hail would be a bit mean. However good/ok weather is biking weather, downpour/hail there are cars. So open face only can be a win

Looked at my boots, RST Raptor II WP, looked online and they might be a ladies only model but fit me fine haha

Comment

Well, yes, but here in 'stralia, hot summer days (35C+) can turn into hail in an couple of hours.
                      If you've gone for a decent morning ride, you might be 5 hours away from home.

Just, find something to put in front of your teeth, and ride through it!

Comment

So I know Someone who does sixes when he drag races. He's had some issues with the rear-sprocket teeth chipping, and he's currently using aluminium. What brand or material do you guys suggest?

Comment

Carberg helmet for me. It fits my head shape and they make decent flipfronts for the price.
                          Otherwise, I have no brand loyalty for the rest of my gear and I just pick the best I can find for my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm a Mad Z-Head. View Post
                            So I know Someone who does sixes when he drag races. He's had some issues with the rear-sprocket teeth chipping, and he's currently using aluminium. What brand or material do you guys suggest?

cromoly, why on earth would you use Aluminium on such a small part? I understand weight saving, but man, have a poop before you race and it's all even :P

Comment

Working...
                            X