Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean human / other scum off your recaro seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean human / other scum off your recaro seats

As title show how to clean your recaro bucket seats

I have a set of red sr3's sitting at my friends house in Syd and they had been sitting about in a shed before I bought them and are dirty and have all kinds of wierd marks on them.

Anyway show what's best to clean them and more then welcome to use mine for the video.
    WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

hi there. I don't have race seats but I first go to the car wash and use the steam cleaners. If that dosn't get the dirt out I then use a cleaner. I use one for fabric seats that you get from a supermarket. If that dosn't get it all out use a carpet cleaner but try it on a bit you can't see as it can mess it up badly. If that dosn't work you should take it to the pros. Hope that helps

Comment

WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

yea there not that bad. Steam cleaner should get most of that out. nice seats man

Comment

Its been done, search before you post

Before MCM build thread
          'Pajero 4WD Club' - 1985 NB SWB Carb to EFI conversion

MCM Build Threads
          DrLui's 2001 Toyota Hilux SR5
          1985 NB SWB with a TN Magna EFI conversion (soon MegaSquirt ECU and Turbo)
          1990 Toyota Celica SX Track Car

sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6w3L8w5NyM

Comment

Originally posted by FST.02J View Post
            They look ****ed!! I`d steam clean them as instructed in the Vid Lui just posted and then maybe re-dye them?
            ライジング息子
            sigpic
            知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

Comment

thanks for that link
              I know how to clean them I'm talking idea so others know.
              Colour isn't to bad and if later on I deside to colour them Ill prob go black like my other set of sr3s as these are my spare set
              Last edited by FST.02J; 09-09-2012, 03:41 PM.
              WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

Comment

After a bad experience with a cheap mop, I decided that the second one should be better. And I decided to make my dream come true and buy a new mop. Can anyone here advise good brooms for hardwood floors? I am also wondering whether it is necessary to use a special cleanser, well, in general, any comments and tips on caring for the laminate. The mop is of particular interest. Thank you all for your advice and comments on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by fjooil View Post
                  After a bad experience with a cheap mop, I decided that the second one should be better. And I decided to make my dream come true and buy a new mop. Can anyone here advise good brooms for hardwood floors? I am also wondering whether it is necessary to use a special cleanser, well, in general, any comments and tips on caring for the laminate. The mop is of particular interest. Thank you all for your advice and comments on the matter.
                  what does this have to do with cleaning seats? quit stealing people's threads

that being said, most recaros actually come apart pretty easily. ive done a TON of vw buckets, where i actually take the cloth off and hand wash them in the tub with detergent and grease remover, let em dry, and re-wrap them over the foams. its also a good time to make sure the foam isnt breaking down or splitting, and repair those bits if needed. you'd be shocked how much gunk comes out of the covers, even after steaming, if you put em in the tub!
                  I will drive no car faster than it can go.

Comment

Originally posted by GhomerGhamer View Post

what does this have to do with cleaning seats? quit stealing people's threads

that being said, most recaros actually come apart pretty easily. ive done a TON of vw buckets, where i actually take the cloth off and hand wash them in the tub with detergent and grease remover, let em dry, and re-wrap them over the foams. its also a good time to make sure the foam isnt breaking down or splitting, and repair those bits if needed. you'd be shocked how much gunk comes out of the covers, even after steaming, if you put em in the tub!
                    I second this, although my only experience with Recaro's is my kids baby seat! The tub is a great idea though.

I once used a carpet doctor on my Soarer seats which worked really well. Just remember to get the car upholstery detergent.

Comment

Working...
                    X