Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance Filters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Filters

I like to see a video comparing the OEM air filters VS PipperCross,K&N,S&B vs Open air on a 2003 Saab Arc

see if better power and Fule Usage changes.

Also I been hearing a lot of people talking about being able to make there 9-5 3.0t sound like a WRX with that deep v8ish sound with out mods on the engine.

or can just come to the US and use my car as a test subject

Hey mate,

This is a video that covered ages ago which is basically asking what you are,

See here,

Basically there really isn't much it will do, you're better off getting a brand new normal filter.

Also, SAAB's are extremely rare in Australia. I think the SAAB you are talking about to make sound like a WRX is the 9-2X, as it is actually based on a WRX.
    Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore - Build Thread -
    Project / Other Daily / Weekend Car: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -

Comment

OEM saab airboxes are pretty well engineered and don't seem to benefit from being swapped out for open cone style filters, even when tuned to silly power levels. The only thing that you do gain is more induction noise and associated turbo noise.

You'll have a hard time making a v6 sound like anything other than a v6. Changes in the way the engine sounds primarily come from the exhaust, in particular, the manifold itself.

Comment

Originally posted by applegeek897 View Post
        Hey mate,

This is a video that covered ages ago which is basically asking what you are,

See here,

Basically there really isn't much it will do, you're better off getting a brand new normal filter.

Also, SAAB's are extremely rare in Australia. I think the SAAB you are talking about to make sound like a WRX is the 9-2X, as it is actually based on a WRX.
        Thanks and I actually came across it today about a hour ago lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Kei-86 View Post
          OEM saab airboxes are pretty well engineered and don't seem to benefit from being swapped out for open cone style filters, even when tuned to silly power levels. The only thing that you do gain is more induction noise and associated turbo noise.

You'll have a hard time making a v6 sound like anything other than a v6. Changes in the way the engine sounds primarily come from the exhaust, in particular, the manifold itself.
          I just seen on a few saab forums that they made there 9-5 v6 sound close to one. No clue how true it is. But I love to see it tried

Comment

Working...
          X