Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1970 Ford Galaxy. With over 10k spent on giving it a brand new drive train.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 Ford Galaxy. With over 10k spent on giving it a brand new drive train.

Honestly mate it's been sitting there a year or so, but before that, the bloke put some serious money into it. Bloke spent over 10k just on the drive train. Engine, Tranny, etc is all new, just been sitting there a year or so. but that's nothing you blokes can't rectifyu. Thing puts down 3-400 horsey's and a boatload of torque. Goes like a go-kart. Bloke just didn't have the cash to complete the build. All it needs some Lamb Skin seat covers and some TLC to get it going again. Send one of your buddy's to take a look at the very least. It's in Geelong.

(even the paint, the dude took it back to metal before that paint job, just needs a quick buff and a touch up and she's laughing mate)

4 and a half k mate. It's yours. Make it do skids. Please. make it do skids.

It has the potential to be a bloody blues mobile mate.

PM me and I'll put you in touch with the bloke to have a chat. I just don't want to see such a beautiful machine go to waste mate. She's gorgeous.

(excuse the hood popping up, we accidentally bent that opening the hood to take pictures, the bloke's a fitter, he can fix it no worries)

20200527_141255.jpg20200527_141308.jpg20200527_141324.jpg
    20200527_140147.jpg20200527_141407.jpg20200527_141350.jpg
    Last edited by AceRimmer; 05-06-2020, 10:27 PM.

at the very least talk me out of buying it. i don't know enough to fix her. **** she's beautiful though. my heart. D=

Comment

I really don't see how that car would work for MCM, as they usually do fuel injected cars.

About your second request, it's a big boat with a big engine which will burn a lot of fuel, and won't give you great performance.

I would recommend a Porsche 924 as a project car, but I see they are ridiculously expensive in Australia.

Here in Spain you can find them for 3.000-4.000 €, and are quite cheap to maintain, because they use a lot of VW/Audi parts (the engine is a version of the EA831 used on the Volkswagen Transporter LT).

https://www.catawiki.es/l/37741933-p...o-reserve-1976
      Last edited by Kullman; 06-06-2020, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kullman View Post
        it's a big boat with a big engine which will burn a lot of fuel, and won't give you great performance.
        Never underestimate those old dinosaurs with good old v8's. If that thing puts out somewhere around 3-400hp it most likely has 6-700Nm of torq. That amount of torq makes that boat move quite rapidly for what it is and surely gives many MCM cars run for their money.

OFC new small engines with proper fuel injection and turbo's are easy and smart way to go, but still that good old v8 torq is something else.

1982 Ford Taunus

1984 Ratty Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Working...
        X