Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transmission adapter plates-dont believe mighty car mods has done a video on this yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission adapter plates-dont believe mighty car mods has done a video on this yet

So the title says it all.
    would be interesting to see what kind of transmission combos they come up with...
    what pretty popular in my country now is honda k24 engines with a 4WD Golf DSG transmission for example in a civic EK

mmmm it's kinda been covered in the past, you'll see more that sort of thing on The Skid Factory. I guess that's why they've never really done it.
    I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Skid factory has done tons.

They did one for Miss Daisy (VW beetle - Transformers special).

I'm sure there's one more I can't remember.

Comment

on youtube everything has already been covered...hence the reason i said "would be interesting to see what kind of transmission combos they come up with." as in lets see what mighty car mods can do. just be so quick to jump on my suggestions without really paying attention to what i actually said....left wing people do that #lame

Comment

Originally posted by Chimera View Post
          on youtube everything has already been covered...hence the reason i said "would be interesting to see what kind of transmission combos they come up with." as in lets see what mighty car mods can do. just be so quick to jump on my suggestions without really paying attention to what i actually said....left wing people do that #lame
          So you're saying you'd like them to do more like:
          The VW gearbox paired to the EJ205 they did?
          The AA410 into the RB26?

But just, more of them? Or specifically things that don't go together normally?
          The only issue with the suggestion is that there would need to be a reason to do it. You'll notice a common trend in MCM.
          It's funny, It's easy, it's practical, or its sponsored: These are about the only things that they'll make a video on (which is not a complaint, just an observation).

For your specific example; A golf DSG gearbox, is about $6000 in Australia. They'd need a very good reason to spend more than 6X the cost of other gearboxes to consider that sort of thing.
          I'm not saying the idea is bad, I'm just saying consider why the boys would choose to do it.
          Beyond season 3, almost nothing has been done just to 'waste time and money' so to speak.

Comment

Working...
          X