Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't decide on EV conversion candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mauswerkz View Post
    Knightrous, you have a PM
    PM replied, hope I can provide some info for you.
    TrackDub - 89' AW11 4AGE 20V (83.5RWKW) | SkidDub - 88' AW11 1MZFE V6 | SlushDub - 89' AW11 4AGZE Auto T-Top
    www.midrear.net - My AW11 build/blog/rant/motorsport website

Comment

Early model Commodore? Something like a VB-VH, steel bumpers, and you could probably pick one up for a slab of beer, or maybe $1000 for a cleanish one.

Just tell the bogan seller that your converting it to a HDT replica and he won't crack it :P
      Now drives a girl's car
      Originally posted by ThePossum
      Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
      Originally posted by Squirt
      And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
      Originally posted by LikeABoss
      Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

What about a Fiori or a Mighty Boy?
        Originally posted by MOOG
        Super Weasel Piss - sounds like its worth trying!
        Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
        what is the US version of a cressida?

Comment

classic mini, sub 700kg and has the looks with a zeemax kit
          i like it loud <<-- my build thread '64 mini ... van

Comment

Fiori, mighty boy, mini, polo, cappuccino etc are way too small. I already have the motor I'll be installing (bought for the e36)

It's about 264mm diameter, to give a sense of scale. FWD or laterally mounted engines are pretty much ruled out because the driveshaft coming out under the engine on the transaxle is too close and will interfere with this motor. I -may- be able to fit it in a FWD (or MR2) layout car if the transmission is big enough. Tiny cars just don't fit, unfortunately.

So far, the e36 compact is looking like the best compromise, with the FC rx7 a close second. The problem is whether or not it would make sense to sell my car (and lose money on it after all the work I put in to it to get it driving like new again) in order to gain a little bit of range and performance from the conversion. The weight savings would have be be significant (better than 150kg), it would need the looks, and it would have to fit my motor.
            My Facebook page - My YouTube channel - mauswerkz on Twitter
            The mauswerkz 300zx EV build thread.
            My 1992 BMW 318is Coupe, soon to be battery powered. Technical progress in this thread.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Unless anyone comes up with something perfect that I haven't considered yet, I'll probably go for a BMW e36 compact. Just need to find one in decent shape, good price, white, manual transmission, and ideally with a bad engine.
              My Facebook page - My YouTube channel - mauswerkz on Twitter
              The mauswerkz 300zx EV build thread.
              My 1992 BMW 318is Coupe, soon to be battery powered. Technical progress in this thread.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X