Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R33 gts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R33 gts

Hey guys,

Need some advice on a skyline I've been looking at, any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-1995-13467458

I see that its almost at 200,000 Ks which means major service and I'll ask for receipts for the clutch and tyres.
    Any common faults/problems on r33s I should know about when I go and check the car out?

I would've had a look on skylines Australia before posting but I keep getting an error on every link on the site so I need some help from mightymods.

Way too much, mate paid similar for a GTS-T here.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Crazy2287
    Stephen, Are you stalking me?

Comment

With almost 200,000 I'd want the timing belt changed, with proof.
      If you test drive. Take it down a rough road and listen/feel for worn suspension. Thuds and excess noise isn't good.
      Paint seems to be an issue on these cars now, mainly on upper surfaces so check for peeling clearcoat.
      2012 Honda CB400 ABS. VTEC YO
      1994 Honda RVF400
      12 Hyundai IX35. Me and GF daily

Comment

Thanks boys, I'll see what I can do with price now that you said that and I'll look into the timing belt too

Comment

Price can be higher for NA cars due to p plater tax. Seems to affect quite a few cars.
          2012 Honda CB400 ABS. VTEC YO
          1994 Honda RVF400
          12 Hyundai IX35. Me and GF daily

Comment

Price is way too high. Not a fan of the kit and the wheels are horrid but each to their own
            Nothing is fool proof to a well accomplished fool.

Some people are like clouds, once they f*ck off it's a beautiful day.

Comment

Seems to be a pretty bad price by the sound of it, what should be a good value for a skyline like this?

Originally posted by 4ever_sideways View Post
              Price is way too high. Not a fan of the kit and the wheels are horrid but each to their own

The first thing that went through my mind when I saw the ad was changing the wheels haha

Comment

Even though it's a newer model r33, it has the common problem of too many K's on the engine. I wouldn't pay over 5k for it.

I got mine for 6k and that's in tassie where prices are double, also it has a lot more mods then this white one and it only had 130xxxk's.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Now i've thought about it my friend got a 93 r33 with dual airbags and the extras for 5k it had 150,000k's.

If I was you this is probably a minimal price car with it's bad modifications of <4500

Want my opinion? I love my car, it's pretty much all I wanted for my first/second car. If I had the money over again I would probably go for something that chews less fuel.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Brendonams View Post
                    Now i've thought about it my friend got a 93 r33 with dual airbags and the extras for 5k it had 150,000k's.

If I was you this is probably a minimal price car with it's bad modifications of <4500

Want my opinion? I love my car, it's pretty much all I wanted for my first/second car. If I had the money over again I would probably go for something that chews less fuel.
                    The guy said he wouldn't go below 7 grand, I'll have to find a way to bring the price down other than other peoples previous buys

Comment

Tacky Mods. P Plater Taxed... its way too expensive for what its worth... you could probably get a gts-t for that price (or an r32 gts-4). dont bother unless he will go below $5k... you'll easily have a better offer come up soon because these cars are only really kept for the p plate years and sold after (cheaper to sell an NA and buy a turbo than to swap in a turbo)...
                      i asked god for a bike and soon realized god doesnt work that way. so i stole a bike and asked for forgivness,
                      the early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
                      sex is not the answer, sex is the question, yes is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                        Tacky Mods. P Plater Taxed... its way too expensive for what its worth... you could probably get a gts-t for that price (or an r32 gts-4). dont bother unless he will go below $5k... you'll easily have a better offer come up soon because these cars are only really kept for the p plate years and sold after (cheaper to sell an NA and buy a turbo than to swap in a turbo)...
                        Do this. Walk away from it as it's too expensive and tacky mods = cop rash!

Comment

man idont know if you should in australia. if it was here in the states, then i would kill for that. unfortunately, the stupid regulations dont allow skylines in us except the newest ones
                          Current- White 1991 Acura integra LS Auto clean.
                          Mods- Spoiler, side Decals, painted rocker cover(x-tra Kw/hp).
                          sigpic

Comment

Hideous wheels, ugly kit, some horrible interior additions and $7.5k!! Next!

Comment

Originally posted by r32line View Post
                              Hideous wheels, ugly kit, some horrible interior additions
                              what im hoping will decrease the price lol

Comment

Working...
                              X