Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R33 gts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you go for this one? Theres so much other R33's on carsales that are lower KMs, look better and cheaper!

like this one for example, even though its auto, its still cheaper then the one you put up,
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ck&sort=~Price

if you do want the one you put up before, I'd use the other skylines on carsales to compare and show him what you can get for a lower price.

Comment

Originally posted by skraM View Post
      what im hoping will decrease the price lol
      After owning a couple of skylines I can say that it makes much more sense to buy one that looks as close to the way you want it to as possible (within your budget). Buying one with horrible wheels and kit for example means you will be up for new wheels, new tyres, have to remove the kit and potentially respray some panels... when you really think what all that will cost even if you got the car for $5k you will still be behind if you found one for say $7k that had wheels you liked, a few chioce mods etc...

I know what I just said isn't really in the MCM spirit but financially it makes sense and besides you would then have a better base to start really getting into modification!

Let us know what you end up with or link through any other options you are considering.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerlam View Post
        like this one for example, even though its auto, its still cheaper then the one you put up,
        http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ck&sort=~Price
        I don't understand where you say 'even though it's auto, it's still cheaper....' Of course it's cheaper if it's auto because nobody wants auto skylines

Comment

Originally posted by r32line View Post
          After owning a couple of skylines I can say that it makes much more sense to buy one that looks as close to the way you want it to as possible (within your budget). Buying one with horrible wheels and kit for example means you will be up for new wheels, new tyres, have to remove the kit and potentially respray some panels... when you really think what all that will cost even if you got the car for $5k you will still be behind if you found one for say $7k that had wheels you liked, a few chioce mods etc...

I know what I just said isn't really in the MCM spirit but financially it makes sense and besides you would then have a better base to start really getting into modification!

Let us know what you end up with or link through any other options you are considering.
          Now that you say it like that it actually changed my way of thinking, really good points haha
          Looks like it's back to searching, Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by skraM View Post
            Now that you say it like that it actually changed my way of thinking, really good points haha
            Looks like it's back to searching, Thanks man
            No probs, I am happy if someone can learn from my mistakes... I just remember with my first skyline there was so much I wanted to change but I thought I can do all that once I get it. I ended up removing the spoiler, buying type m side skirts, changes wheels, changed exhaust, changed entire stereo, resprayed the entire car and various other mods.... ended up spending a LOT of money and had I just spent a couple more grand when I was first buying one I could have got one that had all that I wanted.

In saying that it may take more time to find what you want but it will be worth it in the end.

Comment

The only thing I know about r33 skylines is rust on the front supsension turrets. You dont need to walk away from it but you should get the price down for it as its a £ 300 job here in the uk to have it cut out and a new plate welded back in
              All posts by me are opinion unless stated otherwise

Comment

Working...
              X