Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First car... What should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden Vx
    replied
    ek civic, cheap and easy to mod

Leave a comment:

• High_Octane_Love
    replied
    What about a EK Civic VTi-R? Get one of those and you'll be having fun

Leave a comment:

• jolly_26
    replied
    I'd go BMW personally, but I really don't like civics so that's just me. Also you said you wanted character or soul haha. Did you guys get the Mazda Familia SP20 in the US? (or 323 it might be called). Good wee car to throw about, and very reliable. AWD too. Could be worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• ganzi4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Escho14 View Post
    OK so heres the deal, I have approximately $3000-$5000 to spend on a first car.
    Here are the things I'd like the car to have:

A manual transmission
    Everyday reliability
    Good handling (i don't really care about massive power figures, considering its probably not the best idea to have a mega fast first car)
    Fuel economy (as I will be paying for gas)
    I prefer hatchbacks to sedans and coupes
    Something with a little character/soul (no Hyundais, kias, etc haha)

ALSO: I know subarus are popular cars around MCM, but my dad (who will be teaching me to work on the car) says he'd prefer if I got something without a boxer engine, since he is more familiar with conventional V and inline engines, etc...

So here are some cars I've been considering:
    Honda civic SI EP3 (if I can find one for cheap enough)
    BMW 318ti (if I can find one for cheap enough) This car is RWD and has a longitudinally mounted engine which are both appealing
    Volvo c30 (although it seems to be out of my price range)

Anyway, any opinions would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

P.S. I live on the east coast of the USA, so please only suggest cars that are shipped to the USDM.
    Would definately get the civic. Dunno in USA, but here the other cars are not that all considered "reliable". Wud go for the civic as your first car there

Leave a comment:

• grenadian1
    replied
    Get the ep3.

Leave a comment:

• FortKid
    replied
    As long as the previous owner hasn't ruined it, DSM's are actually not that unreliable.
    Eclipse, Talon Laser, 1999 and earlier.
    They come in Turbo and AWD too, although if you want AWD you have to get the turbo. lol

Of those 3 you listed the Civic will be most reliable.

Leave a comment:

• Escho14
    started a topic First car... What should I get?

First car... What should I get?

OK so heres the deal, I have approximately $3000-$5000 to spend on a first car.
    Here are the things I'd like the car to have:

A manual transmission
    Everyday reliability
    Good handling (i don't really care about massive power figures, considering its probably not the best idea to have a mega fast first car)
    Fuel economy (as I will be paying for gas)
    I prefer hatchbacks to sedans and coupes
    Something with a little character/soul (no Hyundais, kias, etc haha)

ALSO: I know subarus are popular cars around MCM, but my dad (who will be teaching me to work on the car) says he'd prefer if I got something without a boxer engine, since he is more familiar with conventional V and inline engines, etc...

So here are some cars I've been considering:
    Honda civic SI EP3 (if I can find one for cheap enough)
    BMW 318ti (if I can find one for cheap enough) This car is RWD and has a longitudinally mounted engine which are both appealing
    Volvo c30 (although it seems to be out of my price range)

Anyway, any opinions would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

P.S. I live on the east coast of the USA, so please only suggest cars that are shipped to the USDM.
    Last edited by Escho14; 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM.
Working...
X