Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need US car advice.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need US car advice.

    Currently I'm looking for my first car and I want to some advice on some choices. Some background; I'm a 17 year old male who's been driving since I turned 16 and now is in the market for a car for myself. I want to know mainly insurance costs and reliability of the car plus how hard it would be to get parts. I've been thinking mainly about the Mazda 3 and 6 along with the Honda Civic Si along with it other trims. By the way I want it to be a manual and I need know how hard it would be to find a manual version of these cars(besides the Si obviously) in this country full of lazy idiots who can barely shift for themselves let alone think for themselves (No hate on people who can drive a stick but choose to drive auto due to traffic or other reasons).

    Anyway any help is appreciated and by the way if I get a Civic i wouldn't rice it out like so many people I know would.

    P.S. I'm also open to any suggestions and how good are 2004-2009 Subaru Impreza's are?

  • #2
    i wouldent use the R-word.... also if your looking for a good 5 speed car, i would get a Honda Prelude, parts are cheap, they handle amazingly and are very powerful stock, plus vtec, they look good to, insurance isnt to bad on them, i think mine is 150 a month, also being 17 lol, theres a huge aftermarket support for 92+ preludes. and good luck finding one that is not a 5 speed, they made very few with an automatic.the civic Si's are pretty cool and have vtec to but they are not built as well as preludes (being as prelude was hondas "sports" car until 2001 when they discontinued it {sports car excluding the NSX} you should look into them, they are really nice and much better built. good luck with your first car man.
    1990 Honda Prelude 2.0 SI JDM B20A motor
    MODS: custom stereo
    grenade gang sticker (+25KW)
    NERO sticker (another +5KW)
    COMING SOON:
    Custom col air intake
    Big Three Upgrade
    Yellow Top Battery
    Skunk2 exhaust
    17" wheels
    Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra All-Season Ultra High Performance tires.
    Custom short shifter (since theres not much of an aftermarket support for my car)

    Comment


    • #3
      Hondas do have a lot of aftermarket support. STIs even from 2000 are around 10 k, I like Mazdas I think they are very unappreciated and some come with a turbo.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 90preludeSI View Post
        i wouldent use the R-word.... also if your looking for a good 5 speed car, i would get a Honda Prelude, parts are cheap, they handle amazingly and are very powerful stock, plus vtec, they look good to, insurance isnt to bad on them, i think mine is 150 a month, also being 17 lol, theres a huge aftermarket support for 92+ preludes. and good luck finding one that is not a 5 speed, they made very few with an automatic.the civic Si's are pretty cool and have vtec to but they are not built as well as preludes (being as prelude was hondas "sports" car until 2001 when they discontinued it {sports car excluding the NSX} you should look into them, they are really nice and much better built. good luck with your first car man.
        I would get the Prelude but that car is ruined for me. A kid has one at my school has one but he riced it out and put on a fart can and now I hear him pull into the lot from inside the school every morning and It makes me sick. If I would get one I would do it up right no fart cans, no loud exhausts period, I would up grade it though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Turbo 93-97 Probe GT
          95-99 Eclipse/Talon GSX or TSI(both in auto form)

          Comment


          • #6
            96-05 civic si

            Or a 04-06 maxima
            Curiousity killed the car... In VTEC We Trust.

            sigpic

            Originally posted by khindustries
            Yes downforce on the rear wheels is essential for a FWD car

            Comment


            • #7
              I drive a 94 civic ex it has the d16z6 and its loads of fun. Like i said though I think Mazdas are unappreciated.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by StockTalon View Post
                Turbo 93-97 Probe GT
                95-99 Eclipse/Talon GSX or TSI(both in auto form)
                If you are getting an auto, you are drag racing, if you are drag racing, get a 1G. The pre mid 92 6 bolt engine is far beefier if you just want all out power. They are also lighter.

                If you AREN'T drag racing, get the manual. One of the best reasons to get the 2G is for the suspension improvements. From 1G to 2G the car was lowered and widened and the suspension completely revamped.
                Last edited by FortKid; 16-10-2012, 10:16 AM.
                Originally posted by MOOG
                Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                Originally posted by Jenga
                You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Depends on the budget. I approve of the Prelude and DSM's, those are both awesome and fast sports cars. Good first cars too.
                  29 years old, and still a daily.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GOOMH View Post
                    P.S. I'm also open to any suggestions and how good are 2004-2009 Subaru Impreza's are?
                    You might consider a Forester or a Legacy instead - you can get many of the same aftermarket parts and you won't get the boy racer insurance premiums.
                    -Richard
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X