Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Liberty - 260xxxkm should I buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Liberty - 260xxxkm should I buy?

Straight to the point guys I'm looking at a 2000 RX liberty manual sedan. Car is in immaculate condition on the outside, just had leads plugs belts and coil packs replaced, but it has 260,000km. The owner is not sure if the head gasket has been replaced, and Id just like to know if it's worth buying and replacing the head gasket (hoping the head isn't already warped)? I heard they get a bit dodgy if the gasket isn't replaced every 80xxxkm or so. Cheers.

Supposedly, the updated head gasket using newer materials should last the life of the engine. So you should only need to do it once. That said, I don't know which markets the updated head gasket is available in (I assume all, but you'd be surprised...)
    2003 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Ardis View Post
      Supposedly, the updated head gasket using newer materials should last the life of the engine. So you should only need to do it once. That said, I don't know which markets the updated head gasket is available in (I assume all, but you'd be surprised...)
      Cheers. I looked a bit more into the head gaskets issue and saw that if it's replaced properly it will last forever. And lone behold I am now a Liberty driver members rides thread coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Camo View Post
        Cheers. I looked a bit more into the head gaskets issue and saw that if it's replaced properly it will last forever. And lone behold I am now a Liberty driver members rides thread coming soon.
        Good to hear. I've actually been looking into a Subaru which uses the ej25 as well, so I had been doing some research on my own.

Make sure you keep up on the timing belt/water pump, too.
        2003 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition

Comment

Working...
        X