Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First car under

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First car under

Hey hey, I've been looking around the web trying to find some good info about what's a decent car to buy for around 3k but nothing really satisfies my needs. I've had my licence for 1 year now but I can't wait around so I'm looking to get myself a nice lil car instead of driving my dads old automatic C-Class (yes I know, don't judge). Insurance is quite expensive for powerful cars with my experience ( I'm 20 by the way ) BUT i'd still like to get something with a bit of a kick to it, a drivers car. I've been told the RX-8 and Type-R are good options but I don't particularly like either of them.

Of course, if I could, I'd get myself a 6 speed manual Supra but I've got a long way to go.

Drop your 2 cents !

Thanks !

P.S - why do i need to add a link or a photo ?
    Find for your next car with Auto Trader UK, the official #1 site to buy and sell new and used cars. Over 400,000 cars online. Simple, easy, quick!
    Last edited by GeorgeCCole; 08-11-2017, 12:24 PM.

When in doubt, Miata is the answer to everything,

Comment

Well if you want something cheap and kinda fast while flying under cops and insurence radars, i've found out that the Peugeot 605 (yes a minivan) exist in a 2.0 turbo who will get you 145bhp, a pretty strong engine and it might be pretty fun to drive since it's a peugeot from the Awesome handling time of the company. Also look at the 306 XSi 123bhp 2.0 8V engine, a nice car, reliable, and realy fun to drive. I can sugest you a Renault Clio 1.6 16v Initiale wich is cheap quick and fun and my very favorite, the Peugeot 205 GT and XS, they are dirt cheap, incredibly fun to drive and despite a pretty low top speed (110mph) they are still among the quickest trackday cars you can get

Comment

you could pick a manual wrx for cheap or you could go for a base model lancer like mine.

Comment

Go on Gumtree or you're local equivalent and pick up something cheap without to many miles, first cars will enivitably get banged up as you learn and a cheap car will be way easier to look after making it more fun. My first was a 500e Peugeot 106 and it was probably a good decision being easy to fix and cheap to own.

Comment

Working...
          X