Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to Australia on a Work/Visa...Need a daily/weekend drifter on the cheap side..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to Australia on a Work/Visa...Need a daily/weekend drifter on the cheap side..

Coming to Australia towards the end of the year on a work visa. I want to be able to get some time in on Australia's lovely tracks while also having a car to get me around town/will survive shorter road trips. Open to any and all suggestions in the $7500 or less range.. will have a bit more to spend if I sell my current daily driver here in the States but I am still undecided on that. (I own 2 s-chassis' as well so having to wrench on my own car/being uncomfortable on highway trips isn't an issue ). Thanks in advance!

I recently picked up a Subaru Liberty (Legacy in the US) GT Spec B for around that price. There are a lot more of them here than the US as they weren't as limited run as in the US. Great car, fast, fun to drive and all the mod cons (electric seats, leather interior, sat nav (although it needs an update an Subaru want $300+ to do it so no thank you). The only thing missing is Bluetooth and that can be done for $50 with a Bluetooth receiver in your Aux in. MIght be worth a look..... not really a drift machine though.... in Australia if you are after a powerful rear-wheel-drive look at Holden Commodores or Holden Monaro (you guys got them as the Pontiac GTO) or Ford Falcons around that price.... they are big... and heavy.... but both have a 6 and 8 cylinder variant and are RWD.

Comment

Originally posted by brodiecapel16 View Post
      I recently picked up a Subaru Liberty (Legacy in the US) GT Spec B for around that price. There are a lot more of them here than the US as they weren't as limited run as in the US. Great car, fast, fun to drive and all the mod cons (electric seats, leather interior, sat nav (although it needs an update an Subaru want $300+ to do it so no thank you). The only thing missing is Bluetooth and that can be done for $50 with a Bluetooth receiver in your Aux in. MIght be worth a look..... not really a drift machine though.... in Australia if you are after a powerful rear-wheel-drive look at Holden Commodores or Holden Monaro (you guys got them as the Pontiac GTO) or Ford Falcons around that price.... they are big... and heavy.... but both have a 6 and 8 cylinder variant and are RWD.
      Thanks for the response! I'll be sure to look in to those! Have a friend here stateside with a modded Legacy and it's definitely a fun car

Comment

Working...
      X