Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese car idea ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kullman View Post

It would requite a lot of fabrication... It really doesn't worth the time.
    yeah, i know. just thought i'd poison some ppl's minds with that mad idea.

Comment

Update
      I’m currently looking at the Lexus is250 and the GS300 1997-2005 most are autos but nvm

But still something pushes me to Accord CL 2.4 2003-2008 prefer the facelift thou with the Navi sunroof etc...

Comment

Originally posted by VilioBG View Post
        Update
        I’m currently looking at the Lexus is250, the Lexus GS300 [1997-2005], and Accord CL 2.4 2003-2008
        Turbo kits for the:
        is250 (2006) -> 433AUD +Intercooler (eBay)
        GS300 (2005) -> $1220 (Toyota)
        Accord (2008) -> $930 (eBay)

I'm assuming you want a project car that goes moderately fast. this is where i would start.

Comment

U got me
          I’m looking for a car the can be a project little bit not too deep (said no one never)
          but and to be a good daily driver let’s say I’ve been already in this hatchback racer ages .... I still wonder about an EP but the Accord still pull’s me it’s practical too and I think a K24 can a nice turbo 300hp on a family daily Accord would be dope AF ...

Comment

Update: Final decision

it Will be Accord Euro Type S definitely!
            it just combines everything you could want from a car...
            as said in one drive tribe article:
            It's something I’d thrash at the track on a Sunday, be stuck in traffic in on a Monday, use as the grocery getter Tuesday to Thursday and transport my friends to the gig in on a Friday.

thank you all !!!

PS: I think the thread is good to continue because anyone can look for JDM car competitor to the EU BMW 3-5 series, Audi’s and Benz’s ( and I live in EU

Comment

Sounds like a good choice!

Have you seen any prospective candidates for sale so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaktus View Post
                Sounds like a good choice!

Have you seen any prospective candidates for sale so far?
                Yeah the price’s they have are pretty much super stable from more than a year now ...
                Accord 2.4 no matter Type S or Executive vary from around 4000 up to 6000-7000 € euro
                It really all depends of the condition of the car km’s/miles... there are some cars for around 2600-3600€ with little rust dots on the rear with around 230k km’s ...
                but overall the price is stable around 5k €

BUT I’m still thinking and looking for another good JDM sedan (sport-sedan) ideas ... ( still have in my mind a GS300 automatic ... but it’s heavy...) I’m a big RWD fan but those Toyota Chasers are damn expensive... it’s unreal ...

give ideas
                think think
                I think around new year to buy a car ...
                for now is still the Accord CL still seems like a good choice

Comment

How’s your search going, did you find a good Accord in the end or are you still looking?

Comment

Man I'd freaking love a IS300 or GS300. 2JZ!!!

If you're looking for a small hatchback I'd definitely go with a WRX or a Mazda Speed3/MPS (plenty of them here in South Africa with high milage).

If you want a car with insanely huge boot and twin turbo go for a Subaru Legacy B4 I'm 6'2" and I can fit in there quite comfortably. For reference Subaru Engines can last over 480K Km. My 2.5L legacy has 237K Km and it's got such excellent compression water still comes out the exhaust from the combustion process.

Comment

Originally posted by Svenironhand View Post
                      If you're looking for a small hatchback I'd definitely go with a WRX or a Mazda Speed3/MPS (plenty of them here in South Africa with high milage).
                      It's funny, as an Australian, I often forget how big South Africa actually is, and the combined populations....
                      Our mainstream media is very good at feeding us the 'poor Africans' stereotype, so the idea that any of those cars would be available is very bizarre to my mind.
                      Especially since we're a 'rich country' and they're not widely available here. They ARE available, but their cost is high still.

When you point it out, it shouldn't be strange at all, but it's just one of those brainwashed by TV things that happens in life. The idea that someone in that region has that much money kicking around to 'waste' on a car, seems alien.

Just a sign I need to widen my world view! I've never travelled to an African area; once COVID has a decent treatment, or a near perfect vaccine, it's travel time.

Comment

Working...
                      X