Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'84 mazda rat rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '84 mazda rat rod

This is an ongoing project slash daily driver, basically i'm trying to make a minitruck which heralds to the styling of american ratrods, a fair bit of work was done when i bought the car, but now its down to restoring and improving on what was already there, tips, advice or ideas on what i should do is more than welcome.
    i'm trying to do this on a tiny budget as i don't have much money to splash around.
    DSC07579.jpgDSC07580.jpgDSC07583.jpgDSC07584.jpgDSC07587.jpg

So basically the paint work and hood scoop and tray were done before i bought the car, i installed the new carburretor and did the basic maintainence, replacing filters, plugs, leads, battery terminals and so on, the guy that owned it before me also installed the bucket seats, i have to decide whether i want to keep them, replace them or what not, also ideas for the centre console and audio would be great.
    Last edited by mazdaratrod; 15-04-2012, 03:42 PM.

DSC07631.jpg
    Also, is this cancerous rust?

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaratrod View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]11916[/ATTACH]
      Also, is this cancerous rust?
      All rust is bad. What do you mean by cancerous? As in need repairing? I would repair any rust. It will only get worse.
      Current ride: TJ Sports Magna

Low and slow

©™INDUCTION SUCTION©™
      AWW YEEEEEH

Comment

yeah is it bad enough that it needs to be repaired asap? bad wording lol

Comment

Just a quick update; rocker cover and air filter cover now painted, pictures will be up soon, next item is the interior, rust patches fixed and resprayed

Comment

Can't really tell from your pics, but if she's rocking a set of stockies/steelies paint em red and order some moon disks off ebay. Will suit the rat rod look to a tee
            Now drives a girl's car
            Originally posted by ThePossum
            Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
            Originally posted by Squirt
            And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
            Originally posted by LikeABoss
            Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

yeah is it bad enough that it needs to be repaired asap? bad wording lol
              Well from the picture,it looks bad. Like i said,all rust is bad, it doesn't get better, it gets worse, till it then become a hole. Then you have to cut and replace the hole with new metal. Seriously sucks.

Low and slow

©™INDUCTION SUCTION©™
              AWW YEEEEEH

Comment

Originally posted by BIGZED View Post
                Can't really tell from your pics, but if she's rocking a set of stockies/steelies paint em red and order some moon disks off ebay. Will suit the rat rod look to a tee
                Already red man, will post a side pic later tonight
                and Mistah JT, thanks for the reply, will be taking seats out and attacking any rust i see, oh and only just got confirmation, a new custom tray will be rocking the rear end of the ute on wednesday, will definitely take pics of the car before and after its on really been happy with the progress i've made lately, thanks for the responses

Comment

DSC07661.jpgDSC07665.jpgDSC07582.jpg
                  Feedback on the yellow rocker cover, i personally like it

Comment

Yellow looks good. Will be following this build as much as i can

Low and slow

©™INDUCTION SUCTION©™
                    AWW YEEEEEH

Comment

thanks man getting the new tray tomorrow if everything goes well, just had the head bolts tightened and the rocker cover put back on, seats still need to be ripped out so i can get to all that rust -_-

Comment

Finally an update: 2012-04-22 11.24.31.jpg2012-04-22 11.53.38.jpg2012-04-22 12.15.21.jpg

As you can see from the first picture, the exhaust setup i had on it before had to be completely chopped off as the new tray didn't allow enough room for it, so i decided to chop it off right after the muffler and not shown in the picture is a temporary dump pipe thats been welded onto it, the next picture is the tray as it came, and so i could drive it straight away with having to mess about with the wiring for the lights that came with the tray (as they had completely different connections) i just screwed the old lights on the best i could, again this is only temporary...
                        so any thoughts on the tray? its the best i could get on my small budget, only cost me 300 and it bolted straight on
                        next up is the exhaust, thinking about getting a new exhaust from the manifold back and ending it out the side somewhere, possibly right after the rear wheels... what do you guys think would look good?

Comment

Just got my budget for the exhaust set-up, $300, any ideas on what to get done? any idea is welcome

Comment

Just got my budget for the exhaust set-up, $300, any ideas on what to get done? any idea is welcome
                            i got my local exhaust place to do a headers back with a lukey muffler for about that. sounded great

Comment

hopefully my local exhaust shop will cost about the same

Comment

Working...
                              X