Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can-Fly's Strawberry Face

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can-Fly's Strawberry Face

Hey ladies and gents, been wanting to do one of these for a while now, but never got around to it... any way, names Brad and im in the process of building a sexy strawberry-face 180sx. so basically i have always wanted a 180, and i constantly trawl ebay and a bunch of other buy/sell sites for them. being in rural NSW, its pretty hard to find something i like and being on my p's its difficult hard to find just what i want. so one day i stumbled across a 180sx with an S15 front about an hour away from me. naturally i had to have it, regardless of the condition (god bless the teenager mindset). it had a blown motor, crappy ripped leather interior bald tires, no speakers all the blah blah crap. But it did have a brand new intercooler and an RB25 gearbox, and it was a strawberry face. Nuff said. it cost me 2900(and a case of beer for trailer rent) to get it home

This is how she looked after the trip home

so set out pulling it apart, and after about two weeks of sitting we managed to pull the engine out

about a week after pulling it out i managed to snag an S14 SR20DE reasonably cheap so in it went

pity the harness was not the same and i definitely screwed it up trying to re-wire, so i'm in the waiting process for a new harness at the moment.

Got pretty bored and decided to paint the rocker cover, was trying to do a rising sun haha, but im more of a planner and less of a doer when it comes to art so this is the outcome

Had to laugh at the attempt, but hey points for trying.
    when i get around to it ill be re-doing it something a bit plainer haha
    cheers for the read. ill keep updated
    Check out My 180sx here

sigpic

Yes +10 points for effort!
    That is indeed a nice car.

I'd like to see how this car turns out when its finished mate.
    My Impreza
    sigpic

Comment

i would to dude haha i'm aiming at having it done - the re-trimming by February if i'm lucky on school kid wages haha
      Check out My 180sx here

sigpic

Comment

School kid wages are more than apprentice wages so you can't complain ahah.

Love the rocker cover! Aha

Comment

thats sick dude nicee
          2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

in my first picture you can see ugly ass half wide body kit, why would you? so i had to get rid of them, to get rid of them i have to take the skirts off and to take the skirts off the fenders came off too... which is all okay, they were coming off for paint eventually anyway. will be replacing the skirts and rear bar eventually as well. thinking of BN style kit.

the Seat rails were all rusty and such so i pulled them out to sand and paint them, decided to keep the seats out and clean everything up until i get my harness which has finally been posted. woop. so hopefully should be running in a couple of weeks

Check out My 180sx here

sigpic

Comment

Heaps keen for progress man!
              Nice work getting the engine out and a new one in.
              sigpic

Comment

I like where this is going!
                $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

thanks guys. I know this isnt really the right spot to post this, but i really need the crossover air intake pipe and i'm struggling to find one. if anyone can help me out with getting one, or has one i could buy please message me. cheers

Check out My 180sx here

sigpic

Comment

Interesting can't wait to see what your car ends up looking like, you have put so much effort into it already you must really be enjoying yourself!

Your rocker cover made me smile, also I'm with you on removing the wide body kit

Comment

Originally posted by Bradmancanfly View Post
                      thanks guys. I know this isnt really the right spot to post this, but i really need the crossover air intake pipe and i'm struggling to find one. if anyone can help me out with getting one, or has one i could buy please message me. cheers

Try Drift Sales on facebook, there's a guy named Donovan Coller, works for Forced Motorworx and should be able to help you out if you can't find one elsewhere.

Comment

just a quick update because words can't express the excitement for the contents of this box. my harness has finally arrived thanks to http://wiringspecialties.com/
                        )

Also got my cat on friday

and i finally got around to making the new rear bar for my slider haha.

so just have to wait for paydays so i can buy new belts oil and coolant, and hopefully should have her running by the weekend. hopefully. so keen
                        Last edited by Bradmancanfly; 15-05-2013, 05:29 PM.
                        Check out My 180sx here

sigpic

Comment

Mad build. Consider me in.

I love nothing more than seeing an S13/180/S15, whatever the f*ck, being torn apart and put back together.

Hope that engine ends up turning over.
                          Originally posted by ADowbs
                          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                          sigpic
                          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
                            Hope that engine ends up turning over.
                            yeah got her going today. so happy that its finally started. disappointing to know how stupid my mistake was that stopped it from starting in the first place.. such a dumb mistake haha anyway, got a video of the firts start below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1GdF...ature=youtu.be
                            Check out My 180sx here

sigpic

Comment

what a mad thread, cant wait for updates

Comment

Working...
                              X