Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Front Bumper/Air Dam (Yes, really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is looking really good, you've come a fair way since I last looked at this thread.

Keep it up!

Comment

That's looking very awesome. Excited to see how it turns out.
      Originally posted by ADowbs
      He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
      sigpic
      My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Great thread I only discovered it this afternoon and can't wait for the next update.
        Wanted: Isuzu Florian. Any leads greatly appreciated.

Comment

Sick... cant wait to see how this turns out... have been contemplating making my own transition skirts for the rear of my silvia... This thread has motivated me to do it
          http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

any progress?
            I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
            sigpic
            ^^copyright NDH 795^^

want to know more? http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-gt4-track-car

Comment

ahh yes i have done this before also

this however is freaking maaaaaad!

Comment

I just started reading today, sweet build so far. I can't wait to see the final product!

Comment

Well unfortunately there is no real progress. I put a few coats of plaster on myself just to move it along, but Steven (who we were building this for) actually picked up a Datsun 240Z and a genuine front lip for that, so he doesn't need to finish this project.

So this is the end for us. The general idea is to give this project over to a friend of Steven's to finish but there's no guarantee that'll happen.

Comment

I'm all for DIY for DIYs sake, but I'm not sure if your air dam will really do shapes justice.
                    Why didn't you go for one of the many pre made air dams on the market?

This was my z.

Just to be different?

Comment

a) It's not my air dam, its for my friend
                      b) I agree, I don't like the shape too much, but he does
                      c) Because we can
                      d) You'd have to ask him for the details but something about not being readily available for a 280ZX (we live in Australia, postage on a front bar out of the US is insane) or none with quite the right shape or some jazz like that
                      e) Because we can

Sometimes modding a car is about picking the fun option dude, it just so happened that this was the fun option.

But yes, there won't be a repeat of this as he's already got one of those airdams lined up for his 240Z.

Comment

Originally posted by popsprocket View Post
                        Sometimes modding a car is about picking the fun option dude, it just so happened that this was the fun option.
                        I know it man. I always think of or do things that makes people ask why or say what's the point. Just cause.

Comment

why?.......because RACECAR!!
                          I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
                          sigpic
                          ^^copyright NDH 795^^

want to know more? http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-gt4-track-car

Comment

oh no I was keen to see this made. Some things are just way to hard. I needed a new door card. Easy right. It was so hard to line all the little pins up that I just made it out of a beer carton and tape. works great and took 10 minuets :P

Comment

Originally posted by ricky_191 View Post
                              oh no I was keen to see this made. Some things are just way to hard. I needed a new door card. Easy right. It was so hard to line all the little pins up that I just made it out of a beer carton and tape. works great and took 10 minuets :P
                              Hahahaha, that's hilarious.

To be honest though a door card is a better starting project for trying to make it from scratch

Comment

Will be passing on the old air dam to my mate zac. He's rebuilding a 1982 280zx, Reshelling it soon and he plans on making a twin turbo l31. He's got the right kind of drive to finish this one off :P

As for the white 240z here's a pic from last night hooking up the new air dam

She's a bit rough around the edges but rust+paint is set for the near future

Anyone interested in buying my old 280zx? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X