Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Supra 2JZ GE build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Supra 2JZ GE build

Yesterday I picked up a 93 N/A supra with only 75,000K's for $3,800. "The guy originally wanted $6,000 for it, but he was in a hurry to sell it so i hassled him down "

The state the supra is in:

Everything is in immaculate condition, still has stock exhaust, interior is perfect. The story of the car is that the guy bought it for $15,000 2 years ago as a fresh import so he was the first Australian owner and it only had 60,000k's on it. His intentions were to put a TT RZ in it so he stripped the GE down to the block and then decided to move back to QLD and needed to sell it. The RZ engine sold for $2,500 on Supra forums in only 1 day .

So first things first, cleaning and sussing out all the parts etc and then trying to put it all back together, but if there are too many new parts needed ill just buy a whole new engine and drop it straight in.

Car is all stock, just has a set of 18's on it and some crappy CD player "which will be replaced probably by either a 5.5" or 7" touchscreen head unit".

So heres just a few photo's me and me dad took while we were picking it up:

Oh and sorry if the quality isn't very good on some of the photo's, they were only with my iPhone. Will use a proper camera for all the rest later on.
    sigpic

Originally posted by villain
    Looks like his SR had a big night out, tried to sneak back in inconspicuously but passed out.

dat feeling of getting a car you really wanted. (I'm assuming by some previous posts and your avatar :P)

Looks like it'll be a fun build. Good luck with everything and hope it all goes well

Comment

is nice buddy, su su supra for the win

Comment

Haha yep. Its a good feeling, and yes been waiting till i have time (till HSC is over) and now its finally here Cheers man.
        sigpic

Looks like his SR had a big night out, tried to sneak back in inconspicuously but passed out.

Comment

nice supra dude , cant say those rims are my cup of tea though XD

have fun putting the things back in :P
          "if its perfect , why change it?!" -marty

Comment

Originally posted by xdxdxdxdlol View Post
            nice supra dude , cant say those rims are my cup of tea though XD
            Thanks, and yeah dont really like the rims, but at least they're 5 spoke lol. Later on ill get some 19's that are better.
            sigpic

Comment

In before AUsupra.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                In before AUsupra.
                Haha yeah, been wanting one for as long as him too. He'll get one eventually
                sigpic

Comment

Wow crazy price, nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger999 View Post
                    Wow crazy price, nice find!
                    yeah it is, my dad said a few things to the guy like: since the car hasn't been registered for over 6 months i'll need to get it all checked by the RTA and get a blue slip so it can be registered, and so everything will need to be in perfect order.
                    But yeah it all turned out pretty good, have more money to spend on getting it all up and going/registered then painted.
                    sigpic

Comment

Congrats! It's a great feeling (recently bought my 1st car & I'm on a high aswell). Goodluck with the build, Can't wait to see it come together
                      N15 SSS
                      Originally posted by Rasputin
                      Sub 1.5L engines, for those who don't need to compensate!

Comment

Re: Toyota Supra 2JZ GE build

Go for anthracite colour when u get it resprayed, its hawwwt

Sent from my potato

Comment

Been a little busy lately, after i got home from schoolies i started sussing out the engine and parts to see if it would all 'work' lol. But because the person i bought it from wasn't planning on putting the engine back together they just left the block all uncovered and sometimes left the bonnet off while it was outside, his lasted since the beginning of this year. Because of this there was water in cylinder 5 and it had been pitted.

Seeing as it was going to cost a lot to get everything reconditioned etc i thought i would just be better to get a whole new engine and sell the old one for parts. So i'v ordered a new engine out of a series 2 supra with only 110,000 K's from Southside Jap "thanks Daniel" for a very good price, and also picking up a new exhaust from him too.

New engine:

So now the plan is to drive down to sydney this week some time and pick up the new engine and exhaust, then get the old block out and drop the new one in. Then the exterior parts can begin, new hatch (without spoiler), front bumper and possibly bonnet are my next purchases.
                          sigpic

Comment

looks great mate , i love supra's too

wouldn't this fit in the builds section abit better though?

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                              looks great mate , i love supra's too

wouldn't this fit in the builds section abit better though?

Thanks man and it wouldn't let me start a thread in the 'build threads' section, not sure why but ill just wait until someone moves it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X