Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate's Type X 180sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate's Type X 180sx

A few weeks ago I picked up a very clean and straight 1996 Type X 180sx.

SR20DET Redtop, T28 Turbo, Tomei Cams, GReddy Adjustable Cam Gears, Split dump pipe going to a 3.5" Turbo Back Exhaust, Coilovers on all 4 corners and camber tops, front and rear strut braces, Apexi AVCR Boost Controller, Short shifter, Sunroof, Excedy brass button clutch, TRUST front mount, Turbosmart BOV, ROTA Grid 17x9 and 17x9.5 Wheels

When I bought it, the owner said it was about 360Rwhp - But I'm keen to get it dyno'd anyway. I took photos of my current mods and I will post write ups and pics in that section.

Pics:
    Last edited by NateDizzle; 09-07-2013, 08:46 PM.
    Your car is an expression of your personality. Take pride in your work
    sigpic

Looks really good man

Comment

If your using Imgur then use this when posting pics on the forum:

Car looks great!
      Originally posted by thatcoolwind
      Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
      Originally posted by Cal
      I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
      Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

Looks mint, pity its heavily modified and not much else can be done, great car nonetheless
        Originally posted by Dump
        If she blocks you on FB that means she wants your penis.
        Originally posted by krayziemike001
        While you're at it you may aswell ring up the grim reaper and make a reservation.
        sigpic

Comment

Actually there is a tonne of things that need to be done. In the first week of me owning it I found that the Wiring Harness was hacked up. It had no relay boxes and just 1 of the 2 fuse boxes. I found this out when I was investigating why my headlights didn't go up or down. I have since repaired the harness and restored all original relay boxes and the additional fuse box. Everything works as it should now. Next up I'd like a high-mount manifold and a bigger better turbo- the disco potato goes great for now
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on IMGUR - I did not know that
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NateDizzle View Post
              Thanks for the heads up on IMGUR - I did not know that
              That's fine . Real nice car you got there, deserves to be put straight on the forums rather than having to navigate links to see it
              Originally posted by thatcoolwind
              Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
              Originally posted by Cal
              I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
              Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

That car looks amazing. Some cars look really good in just simple white with a few black things to accent it.
                This is definitely one of them.
                Great find - are you planning on doing anything else to it?
                Originally posted by ADowbs
                Because racechariot.
                Originally posted by ADowbs
                I genuinely don't think I'm that amusing, but if you guys enjoy the random shit I spew, I'm more than happy to keep on spewin'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Devin_G View Post
                  That car looks amazing. Some cars look really good in just simple white with a few black things to accent it.
                  This is definitely one of them.
                  Great find - are you planning on doing anything else to it?
                  First of all, thanks. There are a few electrical issues with the car and like anyone else- I crave more Boost.
                  I want to get it dyno'd and tuned, Rocker Stoppers, A launch control/limiter for the track use. I have already done a couple of write-ups in the how-to section if you want to follow the progress
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice car. Does it have the Type X rear lip and all?
                    I've got a soft spot for Type X's without the spoiler. The spoiler looks amazing, don't get me wrong, but it's always nice to see them without it for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSheep View Post
                      Nice car. Does it have the Type X rear lip and all?
                      I've got a soft spot for Type X's without the spoiler. The spoiler looks amazing, don't get me wrong, but it's always nice to see them without it for a change.
                      It has the full Type X Body kit including the spoiler lip on the back window
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, you have put some pics up! That looks so clean haha, loving it!
                        Originally posted by SL1DE
                        Rear wheel drive > front wheel drive.
                        Originally posted by m3ntyl
                        In my town there are two demographics, people with jobs, and people with Commodores.
                        Everybody else has a link to their cars, so I'll just put this here: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-GTS-T-Skyline

sigpic http://i.imgur.com/tYDtteR.jpg

Comment

OK so I'm hoping to convert this to a Build Thread due to the level of work needing to be carried out. Sorry for starting this a little later into the progress as I'd like

BASICALLY my 180 is (was) my daily drive. About a month and a bit ago it would drop a cylinder on Boost. A Compression test determined that Cyl #3 was terri-bad. Reading were: 120, 100, 70, 100. After pulling the Head off, I found that is had been warped in the past then repaired. Also a leaking head gasket. After having the head looked over, the exhaust valves on #3 were not sealing. My cams were in bad condition, hydraulic lifters were jammed.. The head is off being repaired and rebuilt at the Workshop.

In the meantime, I thought it'd be smart to remove things like the exhaust and turbo to make my life easier during re-assembly. I got to the turbo only to discover it was not a T28 at all. A tiny chinese ebay knock off - and OF COURSE, a lethal amount of shaft play. The shaft would hit the inside of the housing when wiggled. Lovely. That would have made an awful mess if not discovered....

The 180 is collecting dust in my garage as it stands and I have bought another daily (NC Pajero) which I thought appropriate for towing the Nissan. I will update this in due course as I proceed with the rebuild. Any parts that are being replaced are being upgraded as I go.

Pics:

Jap-Spec T28bb from a JDM S15 to replace the dirty ebay turbo

The picture doesn't show the huge difference in size very well. The un-marked one is the chinese turbo. The Garret's wastegate is twice the size!

Then car is is sits

My current daily (picked up for $1300 with 6mth rego from Boost Classfields, lol)

And I tidied it up on the cheap, ft. villian. Looks pretty much like a Maserati now I think.

Stay tuned
                          sigpic

Comment

impresive bus very nice mate

Comment

Working...
                            X