Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoid's R33 Drifter Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean View Post
    :S thought so xD but yeah like i said in the video it just seems so much more awesome from that angle
    yeah, I like that angle, I can still operate the camera without taking my harness off too which is nice

I get that extra page glitch too it's no good.

Edit: Actually on the 10th page now :P
    My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

New wheels

rears

Boss fittment

Fronts

18x9.5 +12
      My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

Originally posted by zoidbergmerc View Post
        new wheels :d

fronts

18x9.5 +12
        3...2...1... Wheel rub!!!!!!!1!1111!!1one!!!
        Originally posted by tekkentool
        like this post? herpa derpa durr etc.

Comment

shit's fine, the wheel can move up 70mm without hitting anything unless I'm on full lock then it'll touch the inner slightly.
          My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

I love the third photo "Licence to perform high risk work". That sums it up pretty well

Surely the front's will rub a bit more than that, it looks like you have barely any travel, or the photo is fairly deceiving.

I'm glad to see that it more than passes the shoe test

Comment

the fronts sit out past the guard around 20mm. I need to pull the guard out and up a fair bit then then raise the nose up about 5mm because the rake is too aggressive anyway. The rear is fine though, totally hellaflush

I've been doing some research and having the car higher on it's suspension with a low kit with splitter and diffuser is the way to go for speed. Get more work out of your suspension by having it higher and you have the big body kit to make it slip through the air better.

While stock and low might be cooler, it's not faster
              My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

Very nice man, 310kW and learning to drift will land anyone in the gravel a few times. Great build though, and the videos are always good to watch
                Originally posted by fitridebmx
                break it off and put it back on with zip ties
                Originally posted by Jenga
                So we don't have to remove our A-holes anymore? Where's the fun in that

Comment

Originally posted by InvadingFear View Post
                  Very nice man, 310kW and learning to drift will land anyone in the gravel a few times. Great build though, and the videos are always good to watch
                  Yeah it's going well though I'm off the track a lot less than other people who have been doing it for longer so I guess that's something.
                  My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

Originally posted by zoidbergmerc View Post
                    Yeah it's going well though I'm off the track a lot less than other people who have been doing it for longer so I guess that's something.
                    push harder!! nah jokes loving the build though
                    Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. - Will Smith
                    sigpic
                    i could pick up anyone. Even a hamster.... best sex ever!!! - Dump

Comment

• More pics of new wheels and Pumped up front guards.

My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

• WOOOOOAH
                        A drift car with properly sized and installed tires O.o
                        You sir, should be awarded a medal.

Originally posted by MOOG
                        Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                        Originally posted by Jenga
                        You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

• This wheel and tyre combo is for Time Attack
                          My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

• got my new wheels fitted and took them out to the track to try out the new rubber.

Diff was playing up big time so it was just peg legging around every corner

Still had fun fooling around with friends though.

These Evos would scoop my peg legging styles up around the corners but I'd get them on the straights again :P

Could only managed a 67 second lap time, really goes to show how important having a good\working diff is. (Diff is a Nismo 2-way)
                            My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

• So this saturday was the first ever Time Attack and Drift Event in Tasmania, it was a stretch to get the car done in time and we were up pretty late on Friday night and had to get the wheel allignment done on Saturday morning!

First was the diff, needed to be rebuilt, finding the parts was a huge troll so a biiiiig shout out to Martin at Tas Mobile Mech for getting it done for me!

Here is the old vs new shot

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not good!

Fresh Diff felt amazing though and I managed to rip some pretty good skids on Saturday at the Time attack.

I think the 3rd one is my Fav Might have to get a print and hang it up at work to remind me why I go there every day.

Results from the day were, 6th in Drift and 2nd in Time attack (Race Class)

Casualties were, another radiator hose and the loom that goes up in the front guard so now none of my accessories work, Managed to test the endurance of my car though, lasted a whole Time attack session, like 30 mins easy, water temp didn't get above 90 I was doing like 2 hot laps and 4 cool down laps then two hot laps, ect ect. Cool down laps were still not very slow, I didn't want to get in anyones way.

Drift battles were prolly my favourite part of the day. Practice was good, got lots of runs in and was getting better and better every run. Qualifying was right after my Time attack session when I blew my radiator hose so we had to fart arce around getting that fixed (lucky I packed a spare) and then I was feeling pretty defeated then Kate told me to pull my thumb out and get out there and they were waiting for me! So it was a mad water bottle relay to get the rad filled up with water and then litterally just had it full, car was still warm from before, track all to my self and then ripped a pretty amazing skid and Qualified 6th! Unfortunately I would stay in 6th because I spun on my lead run in my battle against Matt Harvey

I was a little bit of a celebrity too :tongue:, a couple times they would call me over to the tower for interviews over the PA after my runs which was very flattering, then lots of people would come over to check out my car in the pits and ask a few questions while I was having a break.

It was a really really special day, Prolly my best track day experience to date Great way to celebrate my 1 year anniversary into drifting!! Hard to believe it's been a year already!

video
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqXQymM9tg
                              My 300kw Skyline Drifter

Comment

Working...
                              X