Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AE92 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE92 Build

Hi everyone, this is my first project build car. I have a ae102r corolla which I have done work on, but never done a build to this extent.

A mate of mine traded a case of corona's for this car off some guy wanting to get rid of it. It had been sitting in a locked garage for 3 years with no rego and prior to that only been driven around locally. He was the original owner and bought it new from the Toyota dealership. It has 145,000km on the clock which I'm pretty happy with. I ended up buying this car off my mate for a few hundred which was the price for the replaced door and guard which he had purchased to fix the damaged ones on the car.

The engine is staying stock as this car is being built for my girlfriend.

My mate already took the interior out of this car for his corolla. So Ive picked up a full ae93 sx interior, door trim and all which should look pretty nice.

I will be re sprayed the corolla in either a red or a white still have decided on the exact colour yet.

For the stereo It has the original tape deck in it which I'm going to keep in it because it looks pretty sweet having that there. But other than that I haven't put a lot of thought into it yet.

I got my hands onto the car about 4 weeks now and made some good progress on it so far. The heavy rain we had for a week in Sydney slowed down progress as I couldn't get much done as the car is out doors.

Hope you enjoy!

This is what I had to work with. I cleaned the engine bay because it was greasy and grimy. Went to town with the degreaser and got that thing looking a lot better. The original owner was a smoker so he would of smoked in the car for at least 15 - 16 years of it. The interior plastics were dirty and ash trays still had ash and cigarette buds in them...

IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0360.jpg IMG_0361.jpg IMG_0362.jpg IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg IMG_0365.jpg IMG_0367.jpg

Gave the car a full service changing all fluids, spark plugs and air filter.

IMG_0049.jpg

Comment

Removed outside door trims unfortunately when removing the rear passenger side trim off it tore paint and all straight to bare metal leaving a good ditch in the paint which I ended bogging it up. While I was back there tapped out the dent in the wheel arch as much as I could but Its pretty thick steel so bogged the imperfections.

IMG_0445.jpg IMG_0446.jpg

Cleaned the interior plastic and gave the carpet a vacuum. Looks a hell of a lot better than how i got it.

IMG_0457.jpg IMG_0459.jpg

Comment

While I had the car jacked up decided to paint the calipers for that extra 25kw!!
        I will be taking the disc off and giving them a good clean up after ive finished painting the car.

IMG_0460.jpg IMG_0468.jpg IMG_0469.jpg IMG_0470.jpg IMG_0471.jpg

Comment

Took all the interior plastic out including the one sorry looking seat.

IMG_0479.jpg IMG_0482.jpg

Carpet removed

IMG_0500.jpg

All screws, interior plastics and carpet tagged and bagged

IMG_0099.jpg

Comment

Looks good! You seem very organized which is always handy, should turn out real well, keen to see the finished product
            I'm slightly obsessed with the Third Generation, Honda Prelude.

Comment

hell yeah, another ae92! wooo if you have any questions brother feel free to shoot us any.

Comment

Hey there, nice progress, looks like you got a good deal.. I'm curious as to how you got the window handles off without breaking them? I have could to the conclusion that there is a special technique to do so as I ended up breaking two handles in an overzealous attempt to access the central locking solenoids behind the door cards..
                ☯ Pats Kamakaze Carolla -AE92-

Comment

Cool project. Personally I love AE92, these cars are pretty quick and look fantastic. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome, Another AE92 Driver!! If you need any help, give me a shout, i'm in sydney to and own an AE92.. only problem yours seems to be EFI.. Mine is Carby :P hahahahaha I wish you well, Mate!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ahh the little 4AFE. 145kkm is a good score too.
                      Don't think I've heard of one breaking. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kingtube69 View Post
                        Awesome, Another AE92 Driver!! If you need any help, give me a shout, i'm in sydney to and own an AE92.. only problem yours seems to be EFI.. Mine is Carby :P hahahahaha I wish you well, Mate!
                        yours is the same as mine, what have you done to yours mate.

Comment

Originally posted by rigga View Post
                          yours is the same as mine, what have you done to yours mate.
                          Full Service,
                          Rotor change as well as pads and shoes,
                          full oil, coolant and brake flush,
                          Dizzy reseal (not done properly by mechanic, need to take it back and tell them to fix it)
                          Audio system
                          Soon to have Semi clear tail lights with crystal head lights, maybe lower it a touch with some nice rims..

What about you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the support and offering of help.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSaiyanPat View Post
                              Hey there, nice progress, looks like you got a good deal.. I'm curious as to how you got the window handles off without breaking them? I have could to the conclusion that there is a special technique to do so as I ended up breaking two handles in an overzealous attempt to access the central locking solenoids behind the door cards..
                              Hey mate, Thanks, Yeah there is a sort of "U" shape clip behind the window winder that holds it into place. That has to come off first before you can remove the window winder. I found a little picture that will help you out.
                              window-crank-w-text-279x300.jpg

They show you need some sort of special tool which I have never used it my life. I use the rag technique Were they show you put this tool i just use a rag, so slide the rag under the window winder right to the end and the clip should pop out...takes a second to do.

Let me know how this goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X