Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mighty Mira - Soon with moar K3-VET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You got rid of the grumpy eyes
    Your car is an expression of your personality. Take pride in your work
    sigpic

Comment

• Hey Jenga, have you thought about blacking out parts of the headlamp housing? Would look sick
      Last edited by Taye1; 17-08-2013, 04:43 PM.
      Spreading the CITI GOLF Madness all over MCM

sigpic

It's like my blow off valve is saying "FUS RO DAH!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Taye1 View Post
        Hey Jenga, have you thought about blacking out parts of the headlamp housing? Would look sick
        He kinda did already, gave it angry eyelids with some plastidip. but i think i know what your talking about, and i've seen it on another cuore on the forum, doesnt look half bad.

looking good jenga! noticing the advantages yet? it may be getting dragged down by wheel alignment being a bit out at the moment, and that camber is probably reducing grip when you accellerate... my guess at least.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Jenga
        I'll be quite confident that it'll flog the p*ss out of a lot of cars. This thought gives me happy feelings in my pants.

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong N/A engine ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don't need no tarbo ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
        ╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Comment

• Nice, haha. That camber is a bit much for me...
          1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Manual

Comment

• ateDizzle;507552]You got rid of the grumpy eyes[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the headlights got replaced (notice how the newer photos have nice, shiny headlights?), so I lost the angry eyes. I'm hoping to put them back on today, time permitting.

Originally posted by Taye1 View Post
            Hey Jenga, have you thought about blacking out parts of the headlamp housing? Would look sick
            Not really, I've found that taking apart lighting housings without damaging them is a bit of an art. Not something I really want to do anyway.

Originally posted by Deigima View Post
            He kinda did already, gave it angry eyelids with some plastidip. but i think i know what your talking about, and i've seen it on another cuore on the forum, doesnt look half bad.

looking good jenga! noticing the advantages yet? it may be getting dragged down by wheel alignment being a bit out at the moment, and that camber is probably reducing grip when you accellerate... my guess at least.
            If anything, it corners a lot better and it can get power down in corners MUCH better. Beforehand, when I accelerated while cornering hard, the outer front wheel would lift slightly and lose grip. I still haven't taken it for an alignment (it's been a hell of a week), but hopefully I'll get around to it this week.

Originally posted by Technikhaus View Post
            Nice, haha. That camber is a bit much for me...
            It's a tad excessive, yeah. Hopefully it'll be a little more reasonable once the alignment is done. Having said that, apart from the obvious extra tyre wear I'll get, it does handle a lot better and I've lost no practicality at all. I can still take speed bumps faster than the majority of 4WD drivers take them... Haha

Comment

• Its great to see the little Mira in such awesome hands. I really like the direction you've taken with the car and look forward to seeing more of it!
              Performance Central - The Free Performance Car Classified < MCM Members - Your Support in Helping us Grow would be HUGELY Appreciated (even if its just a like on our facebook page )

Current Ride: 1998 Toyota Caldina GTT - 3sgte Wagon Goodness
              Exhaust/Electronics: 3" Blitz Turbo Back Exhaust, Blitz DSBC spec R Boost Controller
              Wheels/Brakes: 17"x7.5 +35 BIM Downhill Special Rims - EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads F/R
              Suspension: Largus Coilovers - Cusco Rear Sway Bar

Comment

• Faaahk this! I just read from page 1/46 in just a couple hours.. So excuse me but I'm gonna go watch some Boardwalk Empire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenga View Post
                  It's a tad excessive, yeah. Hopefully it'll be a little more reasonable once the alignment is done. Having said that, apart from the obvious extra tyre wear I'll get, it does handle a lot better and I've lost no practicality at all. I can still take speed bumps faster than the majority of 4WD drivers take them... Haha
                  speedbumps kill the bushes that you just installed, just sayin
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Jenga
                  I'll be quite confident that it'll flog the p*ss out of a lot of cars. This thought gives me happy feelings in my pants.

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong N/A engine ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don't need no tarbo ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
                  ╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Comment

• At page 71 and just noticed that the Engine that is in there so far is still the EJ, but now it says K3-VET so I'm just waiting to read about the engine blowing up or something..

Comment

• I took a trip to Bermuda this week and I saw a couple of these for the first time ever. Truly mad. Nobody else could understand why I was staring at some tiny econobox.
                      29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

• Thanks guys

Originally posted by Deigima View Post
                        speedbumps kill the bushes that you just installed, just sayin
                        Haha yeah, true. Even so, I find it funny that I can take speed bumps faster than a massive, high 4WD.

Originally posted by Quarazhi View Post
                        At page 71 and just noticed that the Engine that is in there so far is still the EJ, but now it says K3-VET so I'm just waiting to read about the engine blowing up or something..
                        That's why the title says 'soon with more K3-VET'. The K3-VET swap won't happen for a while yet, so in the meantime I'm just refurbishing it. The EJ is still going strong and gets flogged daily, it's a strong little motor...

Quick update... I didn't really get much done on the weekend, but oh well.

Painted the K3 valve cover

Also got this last week... Finally, no more dodgy manual boost controller!
                        Last edited by Jenga; 19-08-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Yeah I noticed it saying Soon in the title but that was first when I was at Page 71 so I was like.. How the hell did I not see that And then I pretty much powered through to page 118 in less than an hour and just finished it reading for 10-20 minutes just now Great thread! Eagerly awaiting the install of the Boost Controller! Keep up the good work Jenga!

EDIT: Oh by the way! Onto Vevo project now

Comment

• This is GREAT to see this Not so turdy turd in good hands, Props for keeping it around!
                            IM FAT, LETS PARTY

Comment

• page 1 - 126. 2 days. I now feel like an expert.

Such a maad little car Jenga, really loving the detail put into this beast,

Kinda got sad toward the end, knew the project was getting towards completion then WHAM!! new engine!

Keep it up man.
                              Join the MightyCarMods South Australia facebook group here.

Comment

Working...
                              X