Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milkchicken's Honda Accord CL9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milkchicken's Honda Accord CL9

Hey guys.

First of all... Watch my new reveal video

With that out of the way here is a bit about my new car.

After owning our 2005 Honda Jazz and then after getting the Civic Type R I always knew I wanted a Accord Euro. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't afford the price tag on a new or even used euro. After a while I went through the Turbo car faze, like most people do lol. I then realised the Accord euro was now into my price range and after a bit of shuffling around and working out our needs it was decided that we would sell the M35 and get a euro. I trolled the carsales sites and forums and after a bit I found this one.

Basically right now its pretty much stock besides the Pedders lowering springs that the previous owner fitted to the car. I will be changing them over at some time for something a little more JDM, but right now they are fine as they are.

Specs:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    K24A 2.4ltr i-Vtec engine
    6 speed manual

Mods:
    Pedders springs
    Junction Produce Fuza
    Junction Produce Kintuna

Future mods? Yes I have a few parts on order from Japan right now but at the moment I'm going to leave it at that since I'll be doing some videos on that too

Now for the stuff we all like PICS Enjoy guys. All comments welcome and if you like what you see please subscribe to us there will be a heap of new videos in the future.

Last edited by milkchicken; 20-08-2011, 09:27 PM.
    Jay
    GTAusMotive

2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
    1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

My mom has one of those!
    although hers is BLAAAACK and has Acura badges
    It is a nice looking car, one of the best used cars you can get in my opinion (she got hers used)
    Last edited by FortKid; 15-08-2011, 12:19 AM.
    Originally posted by MOOG
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Originally posted by Jenga
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

My pics of the Accord are now outdated *steals these ones* Still looks very nice, will look much better with the new rims though.

Comment

nice always liked the accord

Comment

Haha it will look a lot better with a lot of things lol

I've got a heap of plans for it, and since its a Honda Its damn easy to work on. its actually easier to work on than the Type R thankfully

@fortkid, I wanted a black one originally but i'm not a fan of the cream interior. Plus i've had around 5 black cars in the past 4 years.. too many i think
          Last edited by milkchicken; 15-08-2011, 12:17 AM.
          Jay
          GTAusMotive

1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

Not to mention you have the Type R's left-overs to put on it :P You're going to be a VIP with Mugen when you're done..

Comment

Yeah I recon the guys at Mugen will know my adress off by heart by now
              Jay
              GTAusMotive

Comment

Looks awesome Milk congrats on it I can't wait to see the upcoming GTAusMotive vids
                Another Quality post from Hayden
                Have my P's, now what do I count down to?
                Originally posted by ADowbs
                In Volvo, we do trust.
                My Boat: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...s-BF-SR-Falcon

Comment

Thanks Hayden.. I'm hoping by mid next month we'll have a few modifying videos up .. just waiting on parts. Overnight from Japan is only in the movies lol.
                  Jay
                  GTAusMotive

Comment

Did you get the heated seats? They are awesome with the leather seats. So comfy on cold mornings.
                    I love the one my mom has except the brakes on hers seem over-boosted and lack feel (probably done for the US market since we are expected to be lazy)
                    It is a nice car to drive and looks damn good.
                    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

No i didn't get leather.. Its a bit hard to throw the car into corners with the leather.. I drove a manual leather one before I got this one and i slipped around in the seat. Also cos its black they get very hot, previous experience with my old Honda CRV, so i just went for cloth.. I was planning on getting the interior from the Accord Euro R from Japan, but then I realised we have the stupid seat airbags so I can't really do that.. well I can but legally I can't.
                      Jay
                      GTAusMotive

Comment

Does Mugen make a better shifter for this car? For some reason it seems in my mom's car it is hard to feel it go into gear. Again I think Honda was trying to dull the car for the US market, dull sells well here.

Comment

Yeah both Mugen and Spoon make short shifters for them. I put a Mugen shifter on the type r not just for the shorter throw but also because it makes the shifting tighter. The Mugen one is around 260-280 and I can't remember how much a spoon one is. They are basically re engineered oem ones. I can let you know the difference sine I actually have a Mugen one on order now. But it's a secret
                          Jay
                          GTAusMotive

Comment

Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
                            Yeah both Mugen and Spoon make short shifters for them. I put a Mugen shifter on the type r not just for the shorter throw but also because it makes the shifting tighter. The Mugen one is around 260-280 and I can't remember how much a spoon one is. They are basically re engineered oem ones. I can let you know the difference sine I actually have a Mugen one on order now. But it's a secret
                            Will you do a video of the install
                            I will be watching your vids closely
                            *goes and subscribes*

Comment

Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
                              6 speed manual
                              Last edited by mutton_wizard; 29-11-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X