Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milkchicken's Honda Accord CL9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dnlxb
    replied
    at first, i was like "thats not and accord" but i realized cars in us are different. It's a Acura TSX here in the states

Leave a comment:

• milkchicken
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevearcade View Post
    You would love the Tourer Jay! I've moved house in 4 trips with mine. Fitted wardrobes, sofas and all sorts in the back. Even my piano (although it is a 5 Octave miniature "Cottage Piano"). Just got back this evening from Ikea with 200KG of flat pack furniture in 1.8 metre long boxes in the back (and my son in his child seat). Could still shut the boot fully loaded (no tying it shut) and it pulled nicely all the way home on the motorway, even with the extra weight. The 7th Gen 2.4 Accords are great cars for the money. No argument!
    You just love to tease me don't you?... So wish we got the touer here

@Bucko, finding anything thats not looks related for the v6 is a challenge I noticed. It took Hondata ages to unlock the CL9 TSX (aka accord euro) so I would think it would be a hard job to do anything with the v6 versions, since they aren't as popular with heavy engine mods. You still always have the option of full engine management with a custom tune and harnesses to connect it all up, but that would be stupid money for minimal gains, even the money we spent in getting my euro tuned (with hondata a tsx ecu and a custom tune) was borderline excessive, but the tune is good and I'm happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• Bucko
    replied
    I will give you I am having trouble finding a tuning software for the v6.

Leave a comment:

• Stevearcade
    replied
    Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
    Will have to take some photos of the car as it sits once I empty it out. Moving house is one thing I never like doing. The euro came in more handy than I thought. A tv, computer and a whole heap of folders and books I am impressed.
    You would love the Tourer Jay! I've moved house in 4 trips with mine. Fitted wardrobes, sofas and all sorts in the back. Even my piano (although it is a 5 Octave miniature "Cottage Piano"). Just got back this evening from Ikea with 200KG of flat pack furniture in 1.8 metre long boxes in the back (and my son in his child seat). Could still shut the boot fully loaded (no tying it shut) and it pulled nicely all the way home on the motorway, even with the extra weight. The 7th Gen 2.4 Accords are great cars for the money. No argument!

Leave a comment:

• milkchicken
    replied
    I thought about getting the v6 accord but I preferred the look of the cl9 euro and the k20 parts in the civic are interchangeable with the k24 so it meant I could save a tonne on parts. As well as being more familiar with Honda 4 cyl engines over their v6's.

The euro was more bought to drive and enjoy over being a work horse. That's why we have our ute for.

It's also a slightly smaller car and since I like to be able to throw my cars around (I like handling over power) it just made sense to me.

We love our Hondas. If its not obvious by my sig. Great cars and I'm happy with them.

Should also do a update while in here haha.

So in the past um time I haven't been in this thread I've done a few things. I got my new 17's on the car. Looks a lot nicer than the old 16's. Raised the car up by a little bit (made me a little sad but that's life) but looks so much better.

Also fitted up my hondata flash pro and tsx ecu. Was a little bit of stuffing around to get it done but it worked a treat and the car is amazing now.

Will have to take some photos of the car as it sits once I empty it out. Moving house is one thing I never like doing. The euro came in more handy than I thought. A tv, computer and a whole heap of folders and books I am impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Bucko
    replied
    I also wanted to add, New to the Honda family and LOVE IT.

Leave a comment:

• Bucko
    replied
    All honda and no turbo....Why not get the V6? My 08 Accord(JDM Inspire) is quick on its feet since they put the same style engine that can tow a boat on some other hondas. I was just curious.

Leave a comment:

• flyingdutchy
    replied
    Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
    Id be more inclined to run Spoon brakes anyway as they have better performance and even though I like brembos, everyone does them.
    Do it. They are the freaking best! Not to mention forged lightweight examples of perfection. My 4 pot Spoonies where lighter then the oem 2 pots. Totally in love with mine. The mrs dont like it too much, but my m8es think its hilarious when I do a last minute stop at a traffic light. Retains total drivability too! the pads they supply are really mild as well, perfect for a daily, yet able to withstand up to 650 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• milkchicken
    replied
    I'm preferably looking for the accord euro r rims, but since I know most people who have them aren't in the mood to sell I'm looking for the euro luxury rims. They're the 17's like I put in the post above, I want aftermarket rims like volk or work rims but the cost is massive compared to my budget so the euro luxury rims fit the bill

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus
    replied
    What rims are you looking for? stock euro 17' sports rims? or some aftermarket?

Leave a comment:

• milkchicken
    replied
    I sadly have to let my car sit My tyres have nothing left in them now, so it has to sit until I can find rims. Since I have the 16's on there no point getting new tyres when I plan on getting new rims.. Sucks to see it sit there but I have no choice now (I do sneak it out though when its not wet )

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus
    replied
    I always wanted to spray my euro wheels (like the pic) to gunmetal grey! too bad i never have time to leave my car alone for a day =[

Leave a comment:

• milkchicken
    replied
    I thought about it, but to make them work you need the brembos from the DC5, S2000 Rotors and s2000 pads. Id be more inclined to run Spoon brakes anyway as they have better performance and even though I like brembos, everyone does them. My stock brakes handle the car fine as it is, If I went for more power like 280HP at the fly Id be looking at brakes.

My goal right now is to be able to run 230hp at the fly like the civic, that or an engine swap out of a FD2R or if I'm lazy a Euro R engine swap. But thats way way down the track.

Leave a comment:

• TOMMY
    replied
    Just wondering, but are you planning on running DC5 Brembos on this car??? If so, that would be awesome. Many people have done it in the states with their TSX...

Leave a comment:

• milkchicken
    replied
    Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
    Actually, I do have a friend who is parting his Accord Euro. I just need to check if he actually has the 17" rims.
    Sweet yeah let me know .. I found tonnes of them ages ago when I first got it, now I want a set they've all gone Looking for this style in particular they are silver on the Euro Luxury here and the colour in the photo up above is on the Euro R in Japan and a few other countries.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X