Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty 92 Civic B16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salty 92 Civic B16

Sup MCM Forum!

This is the thread I wanted to start on my little 1.6 civic hatchback
    took me a little while to go threw my files and hard drive to find some pics but here it is!

this is a pic of her about two years ago the same day i picked her up.
    EG DAY 1.jpg
    the ugly bay
    IMGA0121.jpg

I originaly paid 2.5k for her witch i wont lie i really regreted for like the first 2 months of me having it.

It came on steelies, with bad suspention, the driver side rear wheel bearing was horrible and made a massive
    amount of noise. missing front windsheild weather stripping, carpet was shot and a few more things that really
    kinda bumed me out.

First thing was aesthetics and maintanence.
    Replace the bad bearing
    got new weatherstripping
    replaced the carpet
    replaced the driver side manual window regulator
    oil, plugs, wires, ect.

I also had a Set of OG Buddy Club P1 Rims in White and put them on
    IMG_0481.jpg

got her running a little cleaner and smoother so after that i got started on getting a few upgrades.

first came my suspention
    S2.jpg
    i got a set of Skunk2 Racing Shocks and Adjustable Coilover Sleeves

to my luck and someones misfortune a friend of my friend had recently gotten into an accident and
    rolled his civic on a mountain pass. he was getting rid of all his remaining parts and i picked up
    Some BLOX Lower Controll Arms, ASR Sub-Frame Brace, and Progress 21mm Rear Sway bar for only 200$

ASR, Blox, Progress.jpg
    I also added a JIC Magic Carbon Fiber Frame Brace to the front

She was handling like no other car i had driven (exculding my integra) very little body roll.

so after all that i was looking for power. she ran strong and had healthy compression, 210 all across
    but i came to find out that i wasnt running the proper ECU for my little B16. i managed to source an
    Original Super Rare Spoon Sports B16 ECU from a friend of mine and picked it up the same day.

The car ran like a monster with the new ECU. VTEC at 5800 and Redline at 9000
    (dont take it past 8k)
    92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Spoon ECU
    Spoon ECU.jpg

Keep her like this for a few months and then started learing about wiring, tucks, ect.
    so i set out to clean up my engine bay.

i painted the gold/green bay black and re-routed my headlight wires and removed some
    un-used/un-needed brakets and stuff. wasnt all done in this pic but i cant find one so this will do
    old Bay.jpg

In the middle of all this i came across a B16 block for real cheap so i picked it up and decided to start
    an engine build.
    Dirty Block.jpg
    picked it up, dissasembled it, and cleaned it.

sent it off to the machine shop and got it decked and honed
    Resurfaced Block.jpg

got some new 81.25mm Civic Type R pistons to bump up the compression as im gona go N/A
    1 piston.jpg
    92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Comment

As i got the block prepped i started getting parts for my cylinder head as i was gona need parts
      that would withstand 9000+ rpms.

Picked up some Skunk2 Racing Titanium Valves & Valve Springs
      S2 V&R.jpg

After that i hit a little bump and the engine build has been put on pause for the time being
      but will soon start up again.

About 2 months after i purchased a Skunk2 Black Series Intake manifold (no install pics =[ )
      S2 Mani.jpg
      Put it in and got more mid-top end power

soon after that i was tired of the black bay and all the cluter so i decided to pull out the
      motor to clean and paint the bay.
      2.jpg
      92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Comment

The motor was out and i began sanding and priming. removed usless brakets welded un-used holes shut for a cleaner look.
        heres how it progressed.
        Clean Up2.jpg
        Clean Up-masking2.jpg
        Priming.jpg
        Rust2.jpg
        DONE!.jpg
        Between work and all that took me about a month. but was well worth it!
        92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Comment

nice ride you got there m8! Keep her purring happy
          Originally posted by deadcell96
          It's like Underground 2 all over again.
          Originally posted by jmacman12
          ...but, but he's got such a good star rating!!

Disclaimer: Under NO circumstance should anybody replicate any actions I did. Seriously. Don't.

Comment

Thanks man

While the engine was out i decided to swap out the worn out factory clutch for an
            ACT Race Disk w/ Extreme Pressure Plate along with a JUN 8.8lbs Flywheel.
            Flywheel.jpg
            Clutch2.jpg
            Also added but not pictured is a Goodridge Steel Braided Clutch line to eliminate
            the hard line for a cleaner look.

this was how she looked put together
            Together 1.jpg
            92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Comment

She ran like a champ and never gave me any isses for a while.

but then starting on the day of my 21st Birthday sh*t went wrong....

Coming back from Renewing my Licence and Paying my yearly Registration fee (my cars rego expires on my b-day)
              im coming off the exit ramp and my shifter feels very weird and is getting somewhat stuck.
              i figure it probably needs to have the gear oil changed. i come to a stop a few lights down from my house
              and as i put it in gear it starts making a loud noise as if two peices of metal were griding together.
              i manage to get it home to my driveway safely and i start inspecting it and decide to drop my tranny.

This is what i found....
              Blown Clutch.jpg

One of the springs in my clutch blew off and was rattling inside between the clutch disk
              and flywheel. haha lucky once again my dad offered to buy me a new disk for my birthday and
              i couldnt turn that offer down! Ordered it that same day and got it the next.
              New Clutch.jpg
              Proceded with the install and got her running strong once again!
              Clutch Replacement.jpg
              Tranny Out.jpg
              New Clutch In.jpg
              92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Comment

Great story... Lovin the car!!!!!!
                Mighty Jdm Dc2R, 128.8kw Atw @ 1065kg - Running 13.875 @ 100.26 mph
                Youtube JDMTEGR
                http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...JDM-Conversion

Comment

love that car dude. I bet that thing handles like a champ. probably revs to the moon too!
                  Current Car:1995 Honda Accord C27A4 V6
                  Dream Cars:
                  Nissan S13 KA24DE(JDM!!)
                  2nd Gen Cheverolet Camaro "Split-Bumper" With a DZ 302 Motor
                  02-05 Honda Civic EP3 Hatch Type R

Comment

Thanks guys. its an awsome car (after all the work lol) ill post a vid of how she runs soon.

heres some things i also added during the teardown.

Walboro 255lph Fuel pump
                    S2 Composite Fuel Rail
                    New OEM Fuel Filter
                    NRG Fuel Pressure Gauge
                    Optima Yellow Top
                    92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Comment

Salty man Im impressed! Going to have to talk to you about cleaning up my engine bay next summer. I want to remove my motor and plug anything unnecessary and clean it to perfection. Im digging the Skunk 2 suspension, how are the racing shocks? (Ride, stance and comfort wise.) Im getting some for my b day hopefully with lowering springs. Also nice ACT clutch
                      Official Honda Ninja
                      Built Not Bought

Comment

Dope!! Looking great man, would be great through the corners ...

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys!

CAN- Back when i got my S2 shocks i was riding on no name sleaves. Shocks were awsome and firm the no-name sleaves were ok but i got some Ground Controll sleaves durring the teardown they are alot better. As for the ride its very firm (more so because of the ASR brace and 21mm sway) it will be a little uncomfortable on bumpy or rough surfaces but i dont mind it as long as its doing its job.
                          Last edited by SALTY_ITR; 12-10-2011, 05:49 PM.
                          92 B16 EG - Daily

01 PY ITR #800

Comment

Originally posted by SALTY_ITR View Post

CAN- Back when i got my S2 shocks i was riding on no name sleaves. Shocks were awsome and firm the no-name sleaves were ok but i got some Ground Controll sleaves durring the teardown they are alot better. As for the ride its very firm (more so because of the ASR brace and 21mm sway) it will be a little uncomfortable on bumpy or rough surfaces but i dont mind it as long as its doing its job.
                            Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it. I agree about the ride, I wont care about bumpy roads, all I care about is how it will go on a track I wont be putting them on anything if I get em till winter is done. I also plan to upgrade my rear sway as well if I do end up going tracking which will help in those corners. I just got a lot of planning ahead of me lol so nothings for sure right now. Damn Winter... But that means next summer will be that much better Thanks for the reply keep up the work man!
                            Official Honda Ninja
                            Built Not Bought

Comment

Working...
                            X