Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 VQ30DET Car Projectt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 VQ30DET Car Projectt!

So, Here's my shitbox. Im planning for it to be ready towards the end of the year, but would prefer to do a good job and not rush it!
    (Im hoping you can just click the link and view my facebook album, im pretty sure i set it so everyone can view it)
    If not i'll have to do it the proper way :P
    let me kno if it works!!
    Rach

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2731477&type=3

oh my god...will you marry me?!

it works
    sigpic
    Originally posted by MOOG
    RS Liberty is an option but they are old and shit.
    Originally posted by TomBrulinski
    mate, have you seen it? hahaha I bet $1000 the half cut is going on the 180sx.

Comment

sickkkk! thanks buddy,
      I also just got new Blitz injectors but havn't put them up there yet.

Comment

Ohm nom nom. Car is awesome

Is it going to be a hill climb/rally/drift car? VQ seems a bit over the top for drifting, so i'll assume hill climb. Can't wait to see more of it, well done!
        Last edited by jmacman12; 21-10-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Baws. Simply, baws. I salute you.

G oes
          O ff
          L ike
          F ireworks

Comment

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jizz

haha nice man!!

got the same purple spanner from supercheap

and car :P
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
              Ohm nom nom. Car is awesome

Is it going to be a hill climb/rally/drift car? VQ seems a bit over the top for drifting, so i'll assume hill climb. Can't wait to see more of it, well done!
              Originally posted by Rachel View Post
              I live in melb and own a mk1 VW golf and a S13 that im doing an engine conversion on at the moment (VQ30DET).
              The VQ is not as heavy as an RB so hopefully shouldnt ipset the handling to much!!
              It should be finished by the end of the year. hoping to do some track and drifting wit it.
              she said it in her intro :P
              Last edited by jmacman12; 21-10-2011, 01:59 PM.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by MOOG
              RS Liberty is an option but they are old and shit.
              Originally posted by TomBrulinski
              mate, have you seen it? hahaha I bet $1000 the half cut is going on the 180sx.

Comment

Originally posted by OPTIMUS PRIME View Post
                she said it in her intro :P
                Well i'm not the reading type, shush!

I should be drifting by the end of 2012, if funds permit.. Might face you on a track one day

Comment

Yes mainly for driffttt. Im going to try and keep the car registered for as long as i can...well until it gets defected haha. Will probably try to.go to a few track days nd shit too...well see what happens though!!

Comment

sweet, never seen one of those conversions done. gonna be interesting wiring the cluster up...

im doing a rb25detneo into a r32 gts4 pretty str8 forward conversion i think.
                    \__________________/
                    (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

def. need more girls who are into cars. I have been wanting to do a VQ swap into a nissan hardbody, i might just have to now.

Comment

A girl with a beast import car!

Fast and furious all over again! Nice!
                        "Front wheel drive can drift-not-really-just-does-hand-brakies-around-corners."
                        sigpic

Originally posted by phoenx
                        what if there was a newspaper for this thread? it would be the STD, social thread daily...

Comment

girls in hot cars are the best thing ever. as Clarkson likes to put it:

Guy driving evo: w*nker
                          girl driving evo: *feints*
                          My Ride - Love it or hate it

Comment

nice conversion, there are heaps of vq30 swaps in syd, mainly in s13 and R31, theres also a vq30 neo swap into a 34 ggt in canberra. what ecu are you using Rachel? how are you planning on putting the original VQ30 crank ring onto the 350z flywheel? also using the 350z 6 speed or adapting a vg30/rb25 box? will be a good skidder for sure, vest thing about the vq30 is if you kill one they are only $1000 to get another one.

Comment

The engines out of a nissan cima, its single turbo (so not a 350z engine) im using the vg30det gearbox from a 300z wit an adapter plate to fit it onto the vq. Will probably be looking at using standard ecu or getting one made up. not 100% sure as i have to speak to a tuner about it all

Comment

Working...
                              X