Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KB's JDM Silvia S13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it does like to open. I found out that there is a metal clip or spring that is missing. This is the 2nd reason why I want to make a custom cup holder to replace it. :P

The brown has really grown on me. I like it! But I will try out some materials or paints or dyes on the spare center console for mad blackness.
    $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
    $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• keep the brown dude!
      \__________________/
      (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

• I was going to suggest grey/black... If i remember ill take a photo of my interior, i like the colour sheme.
        http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

• Maybe even flock it? I'll play around with this spare centre console but I won't be moving away from brown anytime soon

Comment

• fek old nissans and no cup holders!! so annoying i have to get around to making one inside the console somewhere
            The Banana R31

https://www.facebook.com/GarageSyndicate

Comment

• So I got rear mud flaps quite a while ago but never posted pictures of them. Well the mould part was green so I just painted it black for the time being.

But I thought it would be a good idea to get some crappy enamel repco paint to see if their white is anything like mine and so I can get a rough idea of how it would look.

Ofcourse my before and after pics are quite different but you should get the idea. I'll be getting another full set of mud flaps that I will paint a matching white.

I will probably sell the rear mud flaps ready for some paint after I get my new set. Also I've got a full set of non turbo pads if anyone wants them. http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...211#post244211
              Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 23-07-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Oh, they look nice. I might even buy them off you and do the same thing to them if all goes well with everything else.
                Originally posted by ADowbs
                He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                sigpic
                My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• mudflaps take a beating, they might start to look scrappy.. maybe try a clear coat to protect them
                  \__________________/
                  (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev
                    Nice S13, looking to buy one are they a good car
                    Pure automotive brilliance if I say so myself...

Comment

• Originally posted by Faynie View Post
                      Pure automotive brilliance if I say so myself...
                      Can back that up too!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bevsta View Post
                        Can back that up too!
                        HIGH FIVE!

Last edited by Faynie; 24-07-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• I didn't really like the idea of the ash tray (that just flops open) and the lack of cup holders so I thought. Why not MAKE some?

Alright now for a load of pictures!

So here is the spot where the ash tray goes.

Fantastic! Now, cut all that excess plastic that will only get in the way.

Using some plastic I cut from an R31s center console I cut out a bit to cram in there to fill the hole. I used super glue to hold it in and it actually did a really good job!

Now the cup holders that I ripped out of a Magna getting torn down ready for the transplant.

gave it a shave to further ready it. It was a pain cutting it all off with a little saw but I got there eventually.

Fast forward to day 2 and I found that a can of cat food was the same size as the opening of the cup holders so I marked some holes ready to cut!

Don't have a hole saw that big so it was time to drill a million holes...

Slapped the holder under it and cut out the middle man.

Grabbed a semi circle file and went at it for who knows how long. matched up the holes to the top of the cup holder.

Then I had to cut up the cup holder to fit under a little better and then whipped out the bog.

All sanded and pretty. I did have to put more bog on and feather it out better but I don't have a picture of that. Meh!

Slapped on some paint, waited for it to dry enough to touch and then messed up the paint a bit... You probably can't tell with the picture but yeah, I'll fix it up.

Want to know what it looks like from the bottom?

Yeah! so I'm pretty proud about this. Tomorrow I'll do some finishing touches, shove it in the car and get 1 last picture of it's cup holding glory.

EDIT: Sorry about the HUGE pictures but portrait likes to do that.
                          Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 29-07-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• That's so goddamn cool.
                            I might do the centre console glove box cup holder instead of the ashtray one. I know a guy with stacks of spare interior parts too so i might be able to buy them off him for cheap.
                            I love it though, good work.
                            Originally posted by ADowbs
                            He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                            sigpic
                            My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Do like. Good job man, looks great.

Comment

• Nice work man, i might do something similar for mine if i cant get hold of the OEM holders for corollas
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X