Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KB's JDM Silvia S13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing much has been happening have just been enjoying the car for what it is.

But I did buy one of these. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221147006...ht_3873wt_1112

I always thought the rear view mirror felt quite small and this thing sure does solve that problem, love it!
    $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
    $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Up until reading through this thread, I was keen on flogging off my S13 and going for a 32, your dedication has inspired me and thrown a spanner in to the works. So now to start figuring out whether to throw the saving down on a 32, or invest a good 8k into an S13 build... Decisions decisions...

Comment

• Originally posted by elcd View Post
        Up until reading through this thread, I was keen on flogging off my S13 and going for a 32, your dedication has inspired me and thrown a spanner in to the works. So now to start figuring out whether to throw the saving down on a 32, or invest a good 8k into an S13 build... Decisions decisions...

If you have S13 put that money where your mouth is - INVEST!

On topic: Nice build you got there keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IIrmantass View Post
          If you have S13 put that money where your mouth is - INVEST!

On topic: Nice build you got there keep up.
          I have a belted '89 S13, which I have already sunk way too much money into (about 7-8k since I bought it last October, and aesthetically - it's atrocious) - hence just wanting a fresh canvas to work with. I wouldn't be opposed to a nice clean S13 to build, but my current one... not so much.

Comment

• Not sure how you could import it but I found this S15 SR20 that is pretty straight. http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h170243343 We personally have 3 SR20s, 1 RB26DETT 3 RB25DET S2s and assorted RB20DETs laying around our shop with no home. But we have no way of shipping them to you.
            My Rides
            1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
            1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

Comment

• Re: KB's JDM Silvia S13!

nice one dude ive been looking every where for one but found a r33 and dude said 3 weeks for 2grand is to long but im jelauos

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk 2
              When Modding Gets Tought The Tough Get Modding
              sigpic

Comment

• I like where this is going!

Comment

• Aw f*ck yeee!
                  Originally posted by ADowbs
                  He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                  sigpic
                  My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Thought I should mention here that I picked up a bargen. Free!

This thing probably won't go into the S13 though since I'm on my P plates. If people are interested I might start logging the tare down/build and might put it in an S12 Gazelle for some track fun!
                    Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• free is always awesome!! :P

Comment

• Alright so I bought a a flywheel, starter motor and CA bellhousing for $60! So if an SR20 gearbox pops up I'll be able to use it no problem.

I still needed a clutch and the flywheel machined and that was going to going to be $440 not including the machine. So I asked my boss at work to call up the guys we normally use and I got the flywheel machined and a new clutch/spigot bush for $210!

Now all I need are some flywheel bolts and a gearbox.

Comment

• Sick build man. Proud of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                            Painted some stuff today.

The Master Cylinder had a leak at some point in its life. Still not entirely sure if it is still leaking or not (I don't think it is...) But the Booster had alot of paint missing so I painted that.
                            I forgot to take a before picture but if you can't tell that it has been painted then I did a good job.

And the lights looked a bit like this.

And then this.

Mad

REVIVAL of old post. How'd you do this?

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post

Now all I need are some flywheel bolts and a gearbox.
                              What about ring gear for the flywheel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Meticulous View Post
                                REVIVAL of old post. How'd you do this?
                                Well I masked up the headlights, used some scotch bright and one of those little artsy air paint spraying thing that I can't remember the name of for some reason...

Originally posted by Black Penguin View Post
                                What about ring gear for the flywheel?
                                Ring gear for the flywheel? Whaaa??? The ring gear is part of the flywheen, just you can't see it from that angle. I'll post another picture just for you when I get home.

Comment

Working...
                                X