Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KB's JDM Silvia S13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice to see it already has a pod giving it that nice'n'tasty grunty engine note
    I am the Stig.

Comment

• Those fancy ones work really well... Got them on the shitbox, the festy and the falcooon. Work well enough for me to want a set for the Yazz.
      Now drives a girl's car
      Originally posted by ThePossum
      Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
      Originally posted by Squirt
      And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
      Originally posted by LikeABoss
      Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

• Loving the OEM fix dude. Fair play
        EP4 CIVIC - 4EE2 Diesel Power

Comment

• Originally posted by Keegan View Post
          nice to see it already has a pod giving it that nice'n'tasty grunty engine note
          Sorry? Lol there was a pod on the car when I got it, that was one of the first things I removed and replace with factory.

The stock intake on the CA has much less resonators than the SR intake so I still have most of the grunty sound.
          $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
          $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• One of the nicest s13's ive seen man! Keep it up! I like the simple clean look of your car!
            98 240sx Kouki - Build Thread

Comment

• You've done a very good job with it so far .
              sigpic
              MY R31 SKYLINE WAGON: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-Skyline-Wagon

Comment

• I bought some more things!

S13 turbo brakes! Excited to fit these. I saw a mate's S13 that had turbo brakes and noticed the size difference between the NA and Turbo brakes. The NA ones are laughable, the rear rotors have a larger diameter then the front, this causes the rears to work a bit harder it seems because whenever I've gone down a long downhill with a lot of braking I can smell the boiling hot rear brakes. No good!

So swapping the front rotors, calipers and master cylinder should be all I need, prettysure the rear is the same on NA or Turbo. The NA front rotors are roughly 250mm and the turbo ones are 280mm a very noticeable size difference.

Just gotta get these ones machined properly this time, new pads and paint the calipers Blaaaaaack!

Comment

• the rear rotors on s chassis are the same s13 to s15
                  sigpic
                  Build thread for below cars
                  I drift a Nissan 180SX Type X and a Seafoam S13
                  i am building an AE71 wagon aswell
                  I daily a Mazda 3MPS
                  woooo cars

Comment

• Very nice work. Props.
                    08 Impreza 2.5I: STI suspension swap, TurboXS catback, K&N Filter.
                    93 Honda Civic LSi, D15B2, Headerback Exhaust, Coilovers, Rear Lower CA, Hybrid Intake, 17" Alloys

Comment

• Today I decided to do the brake swap

Before

Painted the Callipers

Got the rotors machined and I painted them Here is a little comparison New/Old

Another before. They're so small!

Ran into a bit of a snag fitting them though, the backing plate is still too small, it can't even fit the caliper! So we chopped it up to fit alright but still protect from some dirt. You should be able to see the bits that were cut.

Chucked those suckers on with new pads too!

And after! Nothing fancy ofcourse they're only the turbo model brakes but maaaaaaaaan they're better and just look normal/right

I also chucked in a GKtech overflow bottle because they were on sale!

I also changed the brake master cylinder.
                      Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 24-08-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Newer brakes are looking much better, I too am a fan of black calipers over red
                        Originally posted by thatcoolwind
                        Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
                        Originally posted by Cal
                        I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
                        Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

• Next brake upgrade will have to be R series R33 or R34 4pots and rotors/Brake cylinder (you can redrill the rotors to 4 stud or a good excuse to do a 5 stud conversion especially when your wheels are multi 4/5 stud

But looks good should be a nice upgrade

Comment

Working...
                          X