Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
    Should have got a picture of the LEDs so we could point out what ones they are T10 or whatever. Good to know that little set is decent though

I'll bet that was a mad drive...

EDIT: Oh and does the dimmer work?
    Oh yeah, i didn't answer that question, They fit in the regular cluster bulb socket things, so yeah, they're T10 i guess?
    I ripped my dimmer out so i haven't actually tested it. Once the rego runs out and we can no longer have fun in it , i'll give it a shot.

And the drive was exhilarating. After being in a kia rio so long, you get used to the 'power' it puts out. Going from that to the S13. Mother of god.
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
    sigpic
    My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Finally got around to cleaning up the mess of wires (or at least the worst part of it). It looks much better.
      Before:

After:

and the resulting aftermath of the massacre:

Probably picked up an extra 25kw from weight reduction.
      Still need to do the other half but i need to wire up the reverse light properly before i can go hackin' and hidin'
      He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
      sigpic
      My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Yeah bro. Might want to start running 98 octane now that you've gained so much power from the wire removal.

License, soon yes?

Comment

• Yeah bro. Can't be runnin' no 95 octane with these many horses under the hood.

And god i hope so... 2 more weeks till the test. I wanna squeeze in a few lessons before that just to be safe.
          sigpic

Comment

• Good idea man!

Comment

• So how did the test go? I see this hasn't been updated in over a month. All these threads make me that much more excited to get my own s chassis later this year.
              Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
              Next: 91-93 Nissan 240sx Fastback KA-T w/5spd
              Nissan Pride

Comment

• Originally posted by Faceplant View Post
                How much and where'd you get the cluster LED's from, are they just a T10 replacement bulb or are they a special one with a fitting for your dash?

ive been wanting to do this to my dash for a while but i havent been bothered to look for them.
                yea me to, s13 clusters are not to much headace to pull out but definatly a bit fiddely the thing i worry about is once you have pulled it all down put the new globes in a week later they start to look like ass then after a month they barely work at all...

Originally posted by villain View Post
                almost tempted it does look pretty good compared to how they would have looked before s13 dash lights are terrible =/
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -David View Post
                  So how did the test go? I see this hasn't been updated in over a month. All these threads make me that much more excited to get my own s chassis later this year.
                  Ah, i done goofed it again.
                  There haven't been any updates for a while as i'm waiting for some money to get things like seats.
                  Rest assured, if i do something, i'll update the thread.
                  I've been thinking about buying a bit of paint gear to redo the my rear bumper, or some white paint to redo my wheels.
                  I dunno though.

Originally posted by evil80e View Post
                  almost tempted it does look pretty good compared to how they would have looked before s13 dash lights are terrible =/
                  They're definitely a worthy buy. It was only like $15 and it looks so much better.
                  sigpic

Comment

• hence we have been filling up s chassis thread with seat choice and prices lol
                    WIDE LOW FAST AND LOUD

96 Toyota Supra T78 track build/ daily (see members rides)

Comment

• Haha, indeed ^.^
                      Hopefully, i'll get some moolah soon. The condition of the seats are really starting to deteriorate quickly.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Sounds to me like I need to get busy reading the s chassis thread.
                        Currently: Black 1997 Nissan Maxima w/5spd - Hellastock minus the Mishimoto radiator
                        Nissan Pride

Comment

• Keen to see the dash in a high quality image.

Comment

• Went from start to finish on this thread, and I'd like to tip my hat to you sir, that is a good effort with the paint and prep work you went to with the car and the balls it took to just rip bits off and give them your best shot!

I hope funds free up for spending on this beast soon, and you can get the needed pieces of the puzzle to get this thing rollin through a local industrial district near you!!!

~Chris
                            Ashlee The White - Progress Thread

Makin Somethin Outta Nothin

Comment

• So, if you don't mind me asking, what happened on your test? Was it a written test or driving? I wont lie, I failed my first driving test. I tried to make a left turn (being the US we drive on the right side for who knows what reason...but you guys know that) and cut it too close to someone coming the other way. When I pulled the wheel away from the instructor to finish the turn I'd started...well needless to say I had to do it over haha. Same instructor a week later and I passed no problem. Can't believe that was already 5 years ago.
                              Nissan Pride

Comment

• Originally posted by exemplar View Post
                                Keen to see the dash in a high quality image.
                                My phone's about as good as it gets unfortunately. If my dad brings his DSLR next time he's over, i'll take a picture. It's pretty much the same as the picture in real life though. It went from that textured vinyl to a matte black though. Looks pretty cool, even better than the original, in my opinion.

Originally posted by GutterStars Inc View Post
                                Went from start to finish on this thread, and I'd like to tip my hat to you sir, that is a good effort with the paint and prep work you went to with the car and the balls it took to just rip bits off and give them your best shot!

I hope funds free up for spending on this beast soon, and you can get the needed pieces of the puzzle to get this thing rollin through a local industrial district near you!!!

~Chris
                                Thanks for the kind words
                                I hope even more than you that i'll get some money rolling soon. It feels like i've been broke all year, which is why this build hasn't really been progressing much lately.

Originally posted by -David View Post
                                So, if you don't mind me asking, what happened on your test? Was it a written test or driving?
                                It was a driving test. I failed because i missed a sneaky stop sign that was in a really shitty position, hidden behind trees. I noticed the back of it when i did my shoulder check and was like "Fuaaarrrk". Pretty pissed off.
                                Especially seeing as they take a good month and a half to book.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X