Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loving the new colour dude!

Comment

• you car, gives me tingles! love the boot trim and the wheels! white was a bit attention drawing.... all about the stealth!
      Cars are a money pit, but it sure as hell is MY money pit!
      Click for an 180sx

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
        Here's a familiar sight:
        I thought that was chrome at first glance.
        29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

• Lookin great.. Loved the white wheels but the new colour looks great..
          sigpic

Comment

• I haven't seen this thread in over 3 months (Thanks to not having internet) and I have to say, its looking sweet.

Keep up the great work.
            Regards - Samantha XOXO
            2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
            modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

• I live in Brisbane as well, Considering re-spraying my car at home. We should meet up, Paint and drink beer.
              Your car is an expression of your personality. Take pride in your work
              sigpic

Comment

• the new color on the rims looks pretty rad bro thumbs up, even tho you need coils and wolf sp1 reps to be famous and stuff =P
                [ officially not an S-Chassis owner for the first time in 12 years - feel like a meth head with no crack ]

ArkLaTex Drift on mightycarmods click here!!!

[WARNING] Bogan Aussie Content Inside [WARNING]
                this is what i have to post about in between building weapon s13's

Comment

• Thanks guys <3
                  Originally posted by NateDizzle View Post
                  I live in Brisbane as well, Considering re-spraying my car at home. We should meet up, Paint and drink beer.
                  That sounds like fun, do you live southside?
                  Originally posted by Kurtis View Post
                  the new color on the rims looks pretty rad bro thumbs up, even tho you need coils and wolf sp1 reps to be famous and stuff =P
                  Haha cheers. We all know it doesn't even matter if the car's half-done. If it's slammed on 18" wheels, it's good enough to be featured.
                  Originally posted by ADowbs
                  He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                  sigpic
                  My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Haha cheers. We all know it doesn't even matter if the car's half-done. If it's slammed on 18" wheels, it's good enough to be featured.
                    it does bro see one thing at a time you will get there
                    [ officially not an S-Chassis owner for the first time in 12 years - feel like a meth head with no crack ]

ArkLaTex Drift on mightycarmods click here!!!

[WARNING] Bogan Aussie Content Inside [WARNING]
                    this is what i have to post about in between building weapon s13's

Comment

• Love the painted wheels! they look fantastic!
                      1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Manual

Comment

• I finally fixed (sort of) that really strong unburnt fuel smell.
                        Turns out my injector o-rings have some cracks in them and one of them wasn't on properly.

All i could do at the time was turn them around to provide a bit of a better seal, but i'll definitely need some new ones soon.

And in an unrelated matter, the police report says my seats were "fitted to the vehicle with a home made style bracket system"

Ain't nothin' home-made about these

And the welds that he said he could do better than

Also, in other other news, getting mod plated on the 14th, yay!
                        Last edited by villain; 03-05-2013, 05:09 PM.
                        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                        sigpic
                        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

And the welds that he said he could do better than

Hmmm he must know so much!!

Comment

• first off, Love the build and the fact that you've had a go at doing it all yourself
                            secondly, I might have a little tip to keep you from stuffing another buff lead: wear a collared shirt and put the lead over your shoulder while you buff. put a safety pin from the collar to your shirt shoulder to keep the lead in place. I used to do that when i was working as a spray painter
                            On the north side of Bris there are a couple of smaller panel/paint shops that hire out their spray booths on the weekend for $150-$300 a day (which is pretty good considering they let you use their gun cleaning equipment and sometimes their papers and tape). Also, I highly recommend that you wax the paint straight after you buff it so it keeps its shine. My fave brand to use is Meguiars gold liquid wax (the black bottle). I know its pricey, but its by far the best i've used.
                            I've had a quick look at the orange peel you got when you painted it, and i was thinking you maybe had your gun set up incorrectly? too much pressure, not enough product or a combination of both? next time (especially if you're going to use 2k) have a play with the gun on a piece of paper to get your pressure, distance and overlap right.
                            Your car came out 10x better than my first respray did! Love it! Keep us updated on the progress!

Comment

• Thanks for the tips. Yeah, i'm sure the gun was set up incorrectly. I'd love to respray in 2k one day but it seems complicated, with the added component of hardner and what not. Maybe some day though. One day when i have money.

Otherwise, tfw i own a legal and more than likely roadworthy S13.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Not mad

Mad

Mad a) DCC
                                Mad b) Head unit

You may have noticed there were no pesky cables hanging off the front of it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X