Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotta love those old school digital bits!

Comment

• **** yeah DCC!

Whats with the hand brake button? lol
      $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
      $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

• Haha, long story short - I was scared of getting defected for it and took off the drift button by any means necessary, resulting in a slightly warped and damaged button.
        It still works.

The DCC i've got has an ugly faceplate with cracks here and there so i'm not sure what to do with that. I don't know if it's repairable or not, but it was fairly cheap, so i might just pick up another one in good nic in the future.
        Originally posted by ADowbs
        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
        sigpic
        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• The DCC faces are removeable, not hard to take off, infact I've got 2 DCC units on my desk haha in my thread I said how I polished up my faceplate bits with a buffer thing-o

But if it's actually cracked then well poop. If you've got any questions feel free to ask I've done too much screwing around with DCC haha

Comment

• Haha yeah, i tinkered around with mine today. Took the face off, it looks like the plastic's actually cracked and it's not just scratches :c. Oh well, still looks awesome/way better than analogue.

Does your one dim down when you turn the lights on? and is there a way to either stop that or increase the brightness a little? It's way too dull for my liking.
            He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
            sigpic
            My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
              \Does your one dim down when you turn the lights on? and is there a way to either stop that or increase the brightness a little? It's way too dull for my liking.
              Yeah mine dims and you can't change the brightness as far as I know, do the back lights actually work on yours? haha Mine don't and it's damn annoying. Also did you hook up the constant 12v plug?

Comment

• It has back lights?! That was going to be my next question, haha. So no, they don't work.
                I'm going to see if i can find the illumination wire(s) and play around with that. See if i get anywhere.

And yep, hooked up the 12v constant for that modern car turn-on-the-car-and-climate-control-comes-on feel.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by villain View Post
                  It has back lights?! That was going to be my next question, haha. So no, they don't work.
                  I'm going to see if i can find the illumination wire(s) and play around with that. See if i get anywhere.

And yep, hooked up the 12v constant for that modern car turn-on-the-car-and-climate-control-comes-on feel.
                  Yeah? Hmm makes me think! Because with my custom loom that didn't have the 12v constant the back lights worked... So maybe try unplugging the 12v constant and let me know if the backlights work

Comment

• loving the new paint on the wheels man, really clean s13 aswell.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hey dude, your bulbs could be blown at the back, you can change the fan mode select light but you have to take a lot more apart, those are direct led swaps, I have a step by step for LED backlight for your DCC if your globes are blown and you are after some LED goodness :P
                      Originally posted by erchay View Post
                      So, for all those who want to do DCC LED bulb conversion, basically, take these bulbs out, should be a plastic holder, just twist with a small flat blade screwdriver, then unwrap the legs from the old globes and just yank them out

Heat up a needle or pin with a lighter and poke the original holes bigger

poke the LED legs through

I used blutac and supported the legs and soldered it, the longer leg is usually positive, you want to solder a resistor to this leg, check with your local Jaycar what ohm resistor you need, then just wrap the legs around the plastic holder, you may need to file the LED legs down as they are thicker, I just melted a deeper trench carefully with the soldering iron.
                      There are heaps of tutorials around, I followed one for my supra back in the day

It's apparently good to sand the bulb so it diffuses light better, so do that!

A good tip is, after you poke the LED legs through the holder, drop the lot in the hole in the DCC unit, use a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the legs of the LED to where the holder ends (if you know what I mean), this allows the LED to be AS CLOSE to the DCC back light diffuse light panel thing, but yeah do that.
                      And in the end it should look like this
                      Cars are a money pit, but it sure as hell is MY money pit!
                      Click for an 180sx

Comment

• Awesome this is just what I was looking for. I'll have to pick up some leds now.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Picked up some more 'JDM' goodies tonight. I'll be fitting them shortly, probably in the next day or two:
                          sigpic

Comment

• Love what you have done since the last time ive read this man
                            sigpic

Comment

• Put the weather guards on the other day. They look pretty kewl.
                              Also, the first picture which shows off my new tyres. I went with 235/45s and got rid of heaps of stretch. I've also gotten the height to a nice low while still being well above the 100mm clearance. I think at the moment, i have about 120mm clearance.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Looks good man!

Comment

Working...
                                X