Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking pretty good mate!
    Regards - Samantha XOXO
    2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
    modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

Is it final or is the clear coat missing?
      I'ts all about cars and women because cars and women make us happy!

Comment

Yep, the clear's missing. Plan to do that and paint the appendages like the mirrors and bumpers tomorrow. Hopefully i'll have enough time. Really need to get this car back on the road soon.
        Originally posted by ADowbs
        He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
        sigpic
        My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

alright, otherwise it would have been a lot of buffing to get the paint smooth and shiny
          I'ts all about cars and women because cars and women make us happy!

Comment

Car looks great! About how long has it taken you to get to the point your at now?
            2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Off-Road: Red
            V6 4.0L
            Mods: None currently
            Planned Mods: Window Tint, Plasti-dip wheels and emblems.

Comment

Thanks dude. It's taken just shy of 3 weeks to get to where i am. But that's more because of being rostered to work and not being able to spend the time on the car.
              If i had no work, it probably would've taken closer to 1-2 weeks.
              He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
              sigpic
              My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Looking good!
                $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Rear bumper now painted

Showing off the sparkle. Picture doesn't really do it justice. This paint sparkles more than edward cullen.

Le mirrors done. One needs to be redone as i got my grimy hands all over it before it completely dried.

Just one of the appendages done. Excuse the dirt mark in the middle.

The bonnet! Finally got this thing looking nice.

Now that all the painting is pretty much done, i can slowly start piecing shit back together and working on the interior.

I would do the clear coat now but i've pretty much run out of thinner. That's now my 3rd can. 12L of thinner gone.
                  And plus, i probably need more clear coat than what i've got anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

An update. Things have gone a bit sour .
                    As i was putting the panels back on, the two bolts that connect the bottom of the RH panel to the car (door side) have both snapped off meaning i have to either WD-40 the shit out of them and use some pliers or drill them out. Neither of which will be easy.
                    I also got a man-cold and have been in bed for the past 4 days, it's also been raining the past 3 days and my dog has also become sick.
                    Things aren't going all too great. Oh and i also start uni tomorrow, to make things better and my brother starts his new job next week. So there's no pressure to get the car done... None at all.
                    On the bright side though, once i manage to get the car back together, all that's left is to clear the car and buff it to make it look gorgeous.
                    I did clear the mirrors and spoiler separately to make sure i knew what i was doing, and good thing i did because the clear coat went on kinda hazy and grey.

I think that means i'm applying it too thin, is that right?

Edit: My dog was put down today I'm feeling pretty down at the moment but this car will probably take my mind off things. I'll most likely end up skipping a few lectures this week just because i'm not really in the right mindset anyway and because i want this car done.
                    Last edited by villain; 26-02-2012, 08:16 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice car my friend.

Should buff that crazy and get it like a mirror!

If it went hazy, i Think it may be too much! try getting some soft wet sand paper and try buffing it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've slowly started to top coat a few things

Buffed the wing. It's like a mirror.... sort of.. A bad mirror at least.

Not too much to say really, all in the pictures. I did have a bit of an uneven layer on the door which will need to be adjusted but i'm sure it will come out when i sand before buffing.

That's what's good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Clear coating is done. Finally nearing to an end. At the start of this project, i told myself that this would not look perfect and if it even looked decent, i'd be happy with it.
                          For a first time doing this kind of work, i'm happy with it. There are a lot of imperfections but at least i can tell people i did it by myself in my backyard.
                          And here's the pictures:

I'm going to now work on the interior of the car before i go off to work.
                          I'll post any worthwhile pics.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sweet job! looks heaps better then the junk on my car from the previous owner. With a buff and wax it will look awesome!
                            Regards - Samantha XOXO
                            2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
                            modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

Looks great
                              sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog

Your car is looking awesome though!
                                TOM
                                2004 MY04 Subaru Liberty Wagon 2.5i
                                Want meets in SA? Join MCM Adelaide on Facebook here: MCM Adelaide or view the meet thread here: Meets in Adelaide/SA

Comment

Working...
                                X