Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S13 restore and respray (Garage style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit man that's no good
    sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

This is getting to be quite comical now.
      I kept buffing and thought i'd at least make the rest of the car look good.

It was going well and then:

The cord tangled around the buffer splitting it in half.
      While it's repairable with a bit of soldering it's a pain in the ass. Second buffer i've gone through now.
      Just affirming my suspicions of the car being cursed.
      IT JUST DOESN'T WANT TO LOOK GOOD!
      I'm thinking i might sell it when i've eventually finished it and buy myself another clean S13.
      Maybe even a leyland mini or something.. Who knows.

For now, I'd better do some study/work for uni and just forget about the car for at least a week or two.
      Originally posted by ADowbs
      He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
      sigpic
      My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Tough luck. :/
        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

oh no!
          I'ts all about cars and women because cars and women make us happy!

Comment

Restoring ain't cheap
            sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

Originally posted by MR. NXR View Post
              Restoring ain't cheap
              Amen to that. Problem after problem.
              Oh well, all part of the 'fun' i guess.
              He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
              sigpic
              My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Yeah trust me I know lol. My nx coupe is always breaking down and once u fix something another thing breaks
                sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

Other than sanding and repainting the whole bonnet/guard/rear quarter, can anyone suggest any other ways to get rid of the scratches left by the buffer?

And also, could it be possible that there is a poorly grounded wire causing the speedo to not work?
                  And if anyone really knows their shit, the ground M57 and M116 (Workshop manual) are grounds that i think may possibly be related to my problem but i don't really want to tear the car apart again to find that they're already grounded properly.
                  Last edited by villain; 19-03-2012, 04:30 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Minor update:
                    I'm working on a little replacement for the traditional piece of plywood covering the spare tyre. Instead, i'm going for a better coverage option.
                    Still needs a few things cut out here and there and some carpeting but it looks alright.
                    sigpic

Comment

That looks great! I'd love to have that.

Can you remove it easily?
                      $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                      $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

I can remove it, but i wouldn't say easily.
                        I plan to cut out an appropriately sized hole for the spare tyre to go in and out, which is what that little hole on the left is for (the handle), which should hopefully mean i don't have to remove it.
                        I might also try build a little stealthy sub/amp enclosure as the existing enclosure is huge and takes up about 1/4 of my usable boot space.
                        sigpic

Comment

shit go with the buffer man, looks like you went all the way to the metal, looks like it needs a respray..
                          The Banana R31

https://www.facebook.com/GarageSyndicate

Comment

Here's the interior at the moment. Still waiting to have some expendable income to get some S15 seats but for the most part, it's done.

My door sensor also has a messed up grommet thing so the door light is constantly on. A very cheap fix for this:

I'll probably get onto a more permanent solution one day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
                              My door sensor also has a messed up grommet thing so the door light is constantly on. A very cheap fix for this:

I'll probably get onto a more permanent solution one day.
                              Haha nice fix.

And why not just tack weld it, smooth it down, and re-paint then it never comes on again EVER!!!
                              BUILT NOT BOUGHT

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 6.2 liter V-8, K&N intake, P&P'd TB, Borla long tube headers & ATAK exhaust, Mast motorsports Stage 2 cam and springs, Custom dyno tune by RDP Motorsport, MSD 2step, Hurst line lock, Dynotune nitrous kit, Eibach lowering springs, Camaro V-6 "Heritage" wheels, MT Street radials (coming soon). 510 RWHP 525 RWTQ

Wanna race? How much money you bring? I'll match it.

Comment

Also started making my 'stealth' sound enclosure things.

Just need a bit of wiring to connect the sub and it should be all good.
                                Next on the agenda is probably redoing the paint. Until then, i'd better finish some uni assignments.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X